What small mse things will you do this week? 05/02

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Last day at work today until Tuesday but I have a big deliverable that I need to do (as someone else didn’t) so I need to be on it! So it’ll be a small list:

Pegged out :j strange as we still ave snow on the ground but there is a nice breeze and it’s dry :rotfl:
    Leftovers for everyone for lunch
    Grab something from meal plan for tea, must remember to get out of freezer
    Sprayed some bleach stuff on some black spots on the bathroom ceiling
    No heating on during the day
    Walk with friend tonight, if work is done.
    Read some more of my book. I’m about half way through one of the resources for work that have come via me. It’s great for mindfulness and other things that involve self care. Will see if it’s in our local library so I can keep it a bit longer (or just delay taking the resources to work :rotfl:)
    Quick vacuum through before we go away
    Check fridge - didn’t finish this yesterday

Right, off to get smalls to school.
  • xironsongx
    Options
    * wash up
    * Do all laundry , one load in now
    * Put on 3hr dry (i'm washing bedding)
    * Put washing away ; Bag 1 - doing , Bag 2
    * tidy bedroom
    * tidy living room
    * tidy kitchen
    * Declutter & get rid of clothes in wardrobe
    * sleep / rest if i can

Me and my partner are home today as I had to go to A&E last night due to a farily nasty accident I had in work. I'm okay and had the best outcome possible but I'm feeling pretty tired and in a lot of pain from it.
    :heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 February 2018 at 8:32PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Wow, hope you are OK Xironsongx :( Hope you feel better soon.
    Just been to the market in the next town and got veg for the week (or longer), 2 big shopping bags full for £7 :) I find that if I do this and base meals around it, I go to the supermarket less, and spend less. Unfortunately I don't have much in the garden atm, just a few salad leaved and a bit of chard.

Dropped into the flea market while there, but didn't buy anything (always looking for sales stock). There had been a sprinkling of snow there, which I was suprised about, as we didn't have any in our town, about 8 miles away. It is warmer here today, too :)

Will need to do a shop today, but not much
    Pick up a meat pack special offer from local butcher :)Done, very pleased :)
    Wrap another ebay sale before I go, as that, plus another already packed, can go as well while I am out. Done, both posted and marked as dispatched :)
    Will use mainly free, recycled packaging :)Done
    Rest of last night's chilli with jacket potatoes and HM coleslaw for dinner :)Also made tortilla chips from 2 leftover wraps (cut them up into bits, put in an oiled tray, sprinkled with salt and cajun seasoning and baked in the oven for a few minutes) :)
    Maybe make some kind of cake, probably scones again, as it is helping use up some of the jam mountain (and they are less naughty than most cakes, being low in sugar and fat, so long, of course, as they aren't plastered in butter and jam!) Not done, as I see we have 3 scones left!
    Plenty of odd bits in the fridge for lunch :)Done
    A bit more tidying in the house Hmm, not much!
    Ditto in the garden, especially as it isn't so cold today :)Not done, Iwas pretty wiped out after shopping, which took pretty much all morning, and didn't sleep that well. There is always another day, and at least I won't have to shop again for a while :)

Brother's trade card came yesterday, not the one he was hoping for (though my research indicated it was the one he would get) but will at least get him on sites to work! Need to tackle him about his plans for the end of the month, as I see no evidence of any :(
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 February 2018 at 11:36AM
    Options
    * Thought I'd check the car's oil and water. Car bonnet won't open. :eek: Will investigate later when I've finished the great Tour de Ayrshire. I've looked it up on YouTube and I hope I can fix it (temporarily) with a pair of pliers.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,122 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Money Savers,
    Grrr, had to pay for parking this morning when I attended a local charity coffee morning. Drove past a sneaky little bit of free street parking I know which fits 3 cars IF parked sensibly. Nope! Some total Yoghurt had parked smack in the middle so no room for anyone else.
    Useful frugal stuff:
    *Bought tomato', sweetcorn & climbing bean seeds. Used to buy mail order but village garden centre is worth supporting & means I avoid postage costs.
    *Baked the sourdough loaf I started off yesterday.
    *Successfully made refried beans though they did not cook sufficiently in the time specified in the slow cooker & I had to transfer them to the hob for an extra 40 mins. V nice though & plenty to freeze as used whole 500g bag of pinto beans.
    *Updated budgets, reconciled grocery budget as had done several complicated cash swaps, but it was accurate to the last penny....I've got the hang of this! (Just wish I'd had the LBM 2 decades earlier!!)
    *Paid a CC in full.
    *Filed new car insurance policy docs but kept old one for proof of no claims bonus.
    *Sorted out a legal letter - used a recycled envelope by applying a large white address label. My Mym gave me about 400 of the things but they are great for recycling envelopes.
    *Did a couple of surveys & entered a prize draw.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & work snacks.
    *Postie brought some Waitrose vouchers which I have put on my kitchen board in case useful.
    * 4 items added to presents box. Total cost £3.60.
    *Refused to give Cat two breakfasts despite his best efforts to convey to me that he was fading away to a stick cat.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Evening everyone

Haven't had much chance to post as RL decided to get in the way and to the point where it has totally ripped the family apart. It's one of those where you don't know where RL will take you so have totally stepped out of the situation.
    Have been keeping the money saving faith
    -banking checked and looking healthy
    -all d.debits up to date
    -some good YS bargains, 22p for tubs of bombay potatoes. Bought Mr Kip fruit pies YS. Had one with a cuppa and it did taste stale, put the rest in the freezer, brought one out tonight and had it warm-was really lovely.
    -still to make my slow cooker chilli, plan to do this tomorrow
    - have a week off next week but will still attend a couple of meetings. In the meantime have been sorting out some repairs and chores that have needed doing
    -bought my final Christmas present today (I know, I know!!), reduced but absolutely ideal for the person I was struggling with. Financially I won't have to stress about b'day and Christmas presents as could be out of action for 4-6 months with surgery this year so feel happier that preparations are slotting into place
    -newest kittykat into be speyed in the morning.....not looking forward to that!

xironsongx-hoping that you are okay
    Hugs to anyone else that just needs that extra support at the minute x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    HappyKitties, hope you are okay and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Today has been a funny old day, I was awake until 5am doing card stuff and then woke up at 9am so I've been feeling tired all day. I had a short nap this afternoon and set the alarm clock so I didn't sleep for too long as I need to be able to sleep tonight as I have work in the morning.

I had to do a trip to Mr T's as we were out of cat food and it is ludicrously expensive at the local one. I resisted lots of stuff on the way round and then put another four things back at the end. I ended up spending just under £40 and I feel like we have all the essentials.

Tonight was spent designing the poster for the craft fair I am doing next month, I'm not organising it but the woman that is was struggling so I offered to help. I have moved my name further up the billing ;)

I'm drowning under the housework but did wash the bins out today so I feel I have at least done *something*. I haven't even ventured into the garden yet this year and I should because I have climbing roses I want to tie in before they start sprouting again.

I introduced myself properly to my new neighbour today, I was still wearing my pyjamas but at least had a long jumper over the top so thought that was about as good as it was going to get! I feel sorry for their cat who only goes in at meal times (probably on account of the screechy kids), I might make a little entrance hole to my garden store for him as its bloomin' freezing out!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :D whoop I made it to Friday! Although I am pretty tired!

xironsongx hope you're ok & have got some time off work!

HK hope things are ok, sounds like it's the extended fam. Prob best to keep out of it. Least said soonest mended!

Cannot imagine there will be a lot of small things going on but lets see...

* lunch is xmas dinner soup :j and fruit and yogurt mmmm
    * dinner will be chickpea, potato & spinach curry - spinach & chickpeas in the freezer ;) will have with ys onion bhajis :cool:
    * hang up washing
    * try to resolve issue with IT so I can submit my mileage claim for the last week. Otherwise it will be next month...
    * possibly post phone & stop by library on way home
    * hang up washing before work - must do this!
    * wine, book (borrowed from my friend yesterday) & early night tonight

I'm so tired! This working full time mallarky is so tiring and I haven't even started doing the 12 hour shifts or the real demanding work yet!

Ok happy Friday guys :money:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Take care HK, with all that stuff going on and upcoming surgery :(
    DNMS, I don't like the sound of 12 hour shifts - how many will you have to do per week?

Anyway, today's small things for me are:
    Check banks (Done, no updates to spreadsheet needed, as nothing has gone out again this morning :))
    Cheapie porridge breakfast with HG fruit from freezer
    Looking after GD while her mum takes her baby brother for his first lot of jabs. Poor little thing, he still seems so tiny :(
    GD will arrive with definite plans :rotfl: Currently she is into picnics, which, due to the weather, have to be indoor ones. I have a vintage picnic basket with china cups, saucers etc that I have to get out on a rug on the floor for this. I must say, the dog can't believe that anyone would go to all that trouble just for him :rotfl:
    All meals from home - lots of food in (as usual :o)
    Load of washing, though the weather doesn't look great...
    Some cleaning, at least need to do the bathroom floor (again).Don't have black and white tiles in the bathroom folks, because they show every speck of dust, and every drop of water leaves a mark :(
    Check for surveys later
    Ought to list a few more things on ebay
    Make a cake for OH to take to an elderly friend who has been in hospital with the flu/complications, from what I can make out :(

Pretty boring list today :o
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi February Fabulistas,

Work day today and work can be a bit :mad: on Fridays.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Good, homemade, sustaining breakfast.

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do App.

* Check online banking and boradband usage.

* Turn off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

Onwards and upwards.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure