Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 February 2018 at 7:16PM
    Options
    Morning folks,

Feeling a bit up and down at the mo but I think it's mostly tiredness plus stress. I can cope with one or the other, but once I get tired, my coping skills go out of the window and I default to very self-destructive behaviour. Not quite sure how to stop this cycle.

Anyhoo, small things:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunchtime. I've not been this week. Part of the self-destruct cycle I think. - done
    • February sunshine and showers CAL <3:)
    • try to be generally calm and relaxed
    • Heating off. OH had it on all day yesterday...
    • Paid a bit extra to the gas and leccy. Over the year, I think that £60 a month is sufficient, but of course, they won't let me build it up any more. So they refunded me about £150, but then put up my direct debit as soon as winter hit. I asked them to put it back to £60 and kept the refund. I made the payment from the saved money.
    Will add more if I think of anything.

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How are you finding the app Ally? Is it worth me purchasing?

I think Holistrio is very worthwhile. I've tried it for 7 out of the 21 day programme for Anxiety. I'm not "cured", obviously, but I am improving. Every day I'm learning a new strategy.

Firstly Andrew Johnson is a bona fide mental healthcare professional based in Edinburgh. (Link)

There are lots of 21 day programmes on the App like Control Anxiety and Build Confidence.

Then there are shorter programmes like Deep Sleep and Debt Free (!)

Essentially you turn on the App, choose a programme and then listen to the recording of Andrew's soothing voice It is more a series of recordings than an App.

To get a subscription cheaper go to www.holistio.com though a web brower and sign up through the Login button. At the subscription page use the code longtimefan to get 35% off. Then download the App to your mobile phone and login through that. The subscription is purchased in US dollars.

If you want to try a session free go to www.Holistrio.com and click Try A Session.

You can just get one month's subscription and then cancel if you wish.

If the Scottish accent annoys you...do not download! :rotfl:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »

I think Holistrio is very worthwhile. I've tried it for 7 out of the 21 day programme for Anxiety. I'm not "cured", obviously, but I am improving. Every day I'm learning a new strategy.

Firstly Andrew Johnson is a bona fide mental healthcare professional based in Edinburgh. (Link)

There are lots of 21 day programmes on the App like Control Anxiety and Build Confidence.

Then there are shorter programmes like Deep Sleep and Debt Free (!)

Essentially you turn on the App, choose a programme and then listen to the recording of Andrew's soothing voice It is more a series of recordings than an App.

To get a subscription cheaper go to www.holistio.com though a web brower and sign up through the Login button. At the subscription page use the code longtimefan to get 35% off. Then download the App to your mobile phone and login through that. The subscription is purchased in US dollars.

If you want to try a session free go to www.Holistrio.com and click Try A Session.

You can just get one month's subscription and then cancel if you wish.

Cheers Ally. I already have deep sleep (for hubs... not that he's bothered listening to it... grr...) and Quit Drinking (erm well jury currently p!ss3d but it had worked for a while).

I think it will be worth me looking into. How long are the anxiety sessions? I'm struggling to find time for the Quit Drinking cos it's over 30 mins long.
  • allydowd
    edited 7 February 2018 at 12:51PM
    Options
    CHow long are the anxiety sessions? I'm struggling to find time for the Quit Drinking cos it's over 30 mins long.

Control Anxiety and the 21 day programmes are 15 mins each.

The RelaxPlus programmes you choose the length: 20 mins...25 mins...30 mins...etc up to 60 mins...

The Relaxation ones are 10-15 mins.

The Skills are 10-20 mins.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all.

I'm working 5-9pm today which is a bit of an odd shift but it suits me, lots of cleaning (which I find quite therapeutic when it's not my own) and hopefully all the customers will have gone home :rotfl:

I've spent some time this morning listing stuff on the bay of e having just upgraded to a pro account. We will see how it goes, lots of other Amazon sellers are doing better on there than on Amazon at the moment though I can't see it working for me but I'm prepared to give it a try.

Breakfast this morning was two rashers of OOD bacon with some mushrooms. I bought the bacon from the meat counter as I am so sick of the pre packaged stuff not cooking properly, it is so pumped full of water that it's impossible to fry as the water seeps out and you just end up boiling it. I can confirm that it fried just like 'old fashioned' bacon and the pan had none of that white, foamy gunk that seeps out of the pre packaged stuff.

I met my new neighbour briefly today, I was wearing my fleecy pyjamas taking the bins out, I've previously met her husband wearing my uniform on the top half and just my tights on the bottom half when he brought round a package. As far as first impressions go I'm not doing too well here :rotfl:

I'm winning the battle against the floating algae in the fish tank by changing a bucket of water every day but now I can see them more clearly I *think* I've spotted another new baby :eek:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 February 2018 at 7:18PM
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »
    Control Anxiety and the 21 day programmes are 15 mins each.

The RelaxPlus programmes you choose the length: 20 mins...25 mins...30 mins...etc up to 60 mins...

The Relaxation ones are 10-15 mins.

The Skills are 10-20 mins.

Bought it!

Decided on a monthly subscription for the moment, even though it's slightly more expensive cos if I don't use it, I can cancel
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Hope you're all doing well :grouphug:

Ha ha FVD - what an image of you in half of your uniform. :D
    Oooh, happy new job DNMS! :beer:

I've been awol again just with real life taking over - I won't bore you! :(

In (hopefully!) good news - we put the flat up for sale today. Fingers crossed it goes quickly!!

OH is waiting to see whether his job contract gets extended. Eek.

Tonight we're on a use-up tea - chips, frozen bits and pieces and a fried egg for good measure. :)

I'm still YNABing and was looking at the Chip app Martin mentioned in the email :think:

I've been following the Organised Mum blog for her cleaning routine - working out well so far! :T

Think that is all from me you lovely lot xxx
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,122 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Frugalistas,
    Woke up in a weird mood today. 1st thing I did was cancel going to my meeting. Maybe I needed the equivalent of a duvet day, because as soon as I'd done that, I turned into Mrs DoingStuff. Money saving bits were:
    *Managed to get a load of laundry started before tariffs changed over.
    *Free fitness doing an hour of garden clearing. Took kitchen timer out with me. Amazing what you can do in just an hour (with 2 little robins at your side!)
    *Set timer for another hour to spend on clearing my half of the shed. Was feeling so bionic by then, finished job in 40 mins! Got all the recycled takeaway coffee cups I've been saving ready for sowing my sweet peas soon.
    *Found treasure! Was going round garden tidying stuff away & found 5 perfect self-sown tiny lollo rosso lettuce babies. Moved them to greenhouse.
    *Cleaned all last year's plant labels ready to re-use.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & breakfast porridge pot.
    *Carried on decluttering - tackled piano music today. All sorted & now fits in piano stool & a nice basket. Stuff no longer wanted added to charity shop pile.
    *Mr f booked concert tickets on a 2 for 1 deal. Paying from our personal spends so no effect on budget.
    *Another letter today re this legal stuff we're sorting out at the moment. An admin fee of £10 for what I've asked them to do. I thought it might be £40 or £50 so am pleased it was a lot lower.
    *Fed garden birds a half box of 'Use by 2016' suet. They absolutely yummed it...except our blue-tit who said ancient suet's for losers & he was only here for the nuts.
    *Put pinto beans to soak ready for batch cooking refried beans tomorrow (have found a slow cooker recipe to try).
    *Made a sourdough.....am leaving it overnight to develop & will bake it tomorrow.
    That's it for today - A library book I ordered ('The Art of the Larder') arrived so I'm going to fight Cat for a bit of fireside & tuck up with that. Stay warm all,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning gals :) can you believe it's Thursday already? Life is whirling past now I'm full time (and the house is slowly descending into a mess :( ) I was exhausted last night and fell asleep on the sofa (after eating 1/2 a loaf of ys olive bread :o )

Things for today:

* working in home town (which after induction will be my office base) saving 76 miles and a whole lot of time!
    * getting a lift with a colleague as well
    * taking jacket potato & lo salad for lunch
    * hang up washing before leaving for work
    * friend picking up madam from school - saving asc costs :D
    * take mobile phone to post on way home
    * go for a walk at lunchtime :)
    * check meal plan and get anything out of the freezer
    * find and charge my phone!

Ok that'll do. Going to have a shower when madam wakes up and I can hear her stirring! Hope you all have a good day
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • allydowd
    edited 8 February 2018 at 8:51AM
    Options
    Hi February Fabulistas,

It's going to be a funny ole day today....don't really know what to do with myself...a lot of today will be spent driving with lots of free time in between. I don't really want to make three separate journeys to and from home but the alternative is to spend 3 hours lurking in town and then 5 hours lurking in town.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Good, homemade, sustaining breakfast.

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Day 9 of App.

* Check online banking.

* Turn off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Drive DW to work in Town 1 80 min round trip this is cheaper than her getting the bus for £9.

* Go to hospital for an appointment (hours later) in Town 2. 60 min round trip.

* Collect DW from work (hours later) in Town 1. 80 min round trip.

* Go to library for books, wifi and warmth. ;)

Onwards and upwards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure