IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

3 x PCN in 7 days from Britannia Parking.

edited 31 January 2018 at 9:01PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
40 replies 2.9K views
incar999incar999 Forumite
21 Posts
edited 31 January 2018 at 9:01PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all..... I wonder if I could get some advice ?

Just over a week ago, as the keeper of the car, I received a postal PCN (£100 fine) from Britannia Parking for parking in their car park having not purchased a ticket. The following postal day I received 2 more PCNs (£100 each) also for parking without purchasing a ticket. There are 8 car parks in the town of Knutsford, cheshire and the driver understood that all of these car parks were free to park after 6pm Mon to Sat and all day Sunday. Recent research has shown that of these 8 car parks 6 are Cheshire East Council operated where free parking is available after 6pm and 2 are operated by Britannia Parking where a 24 charging policy applies.

All 3 PCNs are recorded after 6pm in January and therefore are after the hours of darkness. The driver of the car was not aware that they were parking in a Britannia Parking car park which operated ANPR cameras and a 24 hr charging policy. Having been to the car park during daylight hours it is clear that a number of new signs around the car park along with ANPR cameras have very recently been installed. Unfortunately for the driver, the car park is unlit during the hours of darkness and none of the signs are illuminated making it very difficult to notice that the car park operates a camera monitored 24 hr charging policy. The car park is very dark in the evening.

I attach 2 pictures, one taking during daylight hours showing the way the driver enters the car park and one taken after 6pm which I hope demonstrates how dark the car park is.

I have also attached 2 pictures of one of the PCNs

Could someone please advise on the best course of action the driver or keeper should take.

Many thanks in advance.

Apologies.... cannot post image links as I am a new user !!!

Replies

• QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before posting

Please go there now to learn about the game you are caught up in, and how to deal with it from initial appeal right through to preparing a defence against a court claim

Deal with each ticket separately

If you have further questions/need advice after reading through the faq come back and post in your thread
  • baza52baza52 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    have to wonder how the driver managed to drive around the car park and park the car if its that dark.
    Im also suprised they managed to find the car when they returned .

Does the car have headlights?
  • Thank you...... I have done some reading up already and gained some good info. For instance, I wrote the post as keeper of the car etc etc. I will visit the thread again..... but so far I still feel that I need advice on how to proceed and what my chances of succes with an appeal vs potential court fees.... thanks again.
  • Very helpful..... thank you baza52
  • baza52 wrote: »
    have to wonder how the driver managed to drive around the car park and park the car if its that dark.
    Im also suprised they managed to find the car when they returned .

Does the car have headlights?

the car park is unlit after the hours of darkness and none of the signs are illuminated making it very difficult to notice that the car park operates a camera monitored 24 hr charging policy. The car park is very dark in the evening.

define darkness , its to dark to read a newspaper in the street at 6.pm , but In can see the road or find my car

perhaps you stumbled on this thread by accident , or did you quote from BPA + IAS COP?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • baza52baza52 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    if its unlit AFTER the hours of darkness that could suggest it IS lit DURING the hours of darkness.
  • I tried to post some images but was not allowed as I am a new member
  • Post edited....... that was helpful baza52
  • edited 31 January 2018 at 10:04PM
    incar999incar999 Forumite
    21 Posts
    edited 31 January 2018 at 10:04PM
    From what I can gather from the thread...... I need to copy the template appeal letter and paste in the appeal box of Britannia Parking. The template is a little different to my situation....... I’m not appealing to the signs not being of adequate size but that they were not illuminated in a dark unlit car park. Sounds like a silly question but I assume I should alter the template to suit my circumstances ?.... is that correct ?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals