My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oops forgot to say I also declutterd all my important paperwork yesterday and I found last months wage slip and they did charge me twice for my bus pass last month as well,so the man from payroll was right I will get it back next payday in my wages :T
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds as though things are really on the up for you.... lovely to hear. :)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Sounds as though things are really on the up for you.... lovely to hear. :)
    Thanks I'm definitely feeling more positive about things now and so far things are going well :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad everything is going well for you. With reference to your sore throat etc that you had...try taking vitamin D3. It helps boost your immune system and since we have been taking it, we have been very good at avoiding stuff this winter.:)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Glad everything is going well for you. With reference to your sore throat etc that you had...try taking vitamin D3. It helps boost your immune system and since we have been taking it, we have been very good at avoiding stuff this winter.:)
    Hi Ploppy,I take a vitamin Supplement called D Lux from H&B you spray it under your tongue once a day:)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Today was my day to look after DGS but I had also arranged to go with my younger DD to a neighbouring town because she had to go and meet the team she will be doing her student work placement with,so we had a nice early start to get the train for an hours journey,it didn't get off to a good start becaus it was tipping it down whe I took the dog out,however when it came time for us to walk to the station the rain stopped just long enough for us to get to the station
    DGS enjoyed being in the train but then fell asleep,DD went off to meet her team and I went for a stroll round the town center,I was pleasantly surprised by how many shops there were,it's a really well stocked town
    I had a bit of a spendy day though as we bought lunch and I also bought myself two tops,the first was a shirt reduced from £24.50 to £10 and the second was £8.99 ,I bought them both out of the money I got for Mother's Day so they haven't come out of my budget and both were total bargains
    I still don't feel great and I'm shattered now so will be going to bed soon I think,I've got to get up early tomorrow to take the cat to the vet so need to get some sleep
    I'm also meeting a friend for a coffee tomorrow,this is the friend I went to visit last week who had a fall,she needs cheering up so I'm meeting her for a chinwag:)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Oops forgot to post that my DDs boyfriend sorted out a new internet package for me yesterday,I have Tv,internet and phone as a package and was paying £57 a month,he has managed to get it reduced to £34 a month,it's not loads but it's £23 in my pocket,I didn't want the hassle of changing companies so he got the best deal the company I'm with now could offer me :T
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,052 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on MBNA, the bus pass, the bargainaceous shirts and the Internet savings! Hoping Natwest see sense and the cold soon disappears...

Hope you have a good night's rest and feel better for it. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    You seem to be on a roll,OB Lady,and definitely sound brighter. Well done. I'm sure all that decluttering decluttered your mind as well.:T Its surprising how the removal of old stuff lightens mind as well as body.
    Mr Dusty keeps shaking his head at me,he thinks I'm nuts because I cleared out my kitchen food cabinets and arranged the remainder neatly,a place for everything etc etc. Every time I open the cupboard I grin with pleasure and give a little nod to the little carton(it held pears at one time) which now corrals all those little odds and ends like oxo cubes,black and white pepper,saltcellar,and another which holds soy sauce,garlic sauce,vinegar No more rooting through the whole cupboard searching for something,and cleaning is easy,just lift out the whole carton and wipe. My kids just roll their eyes at weird mam,but it makes me happy!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You seem to be on a roll,OB Lady,and definitely sound brighter. Well done. I'm sure all that decluttering decluttered your mind as well.:T Its surprising how the removal of old stuff lightens mind as well as body.
    Mr Dusty keeps shaking his head at me,he thinks I'm nuts because I cleared out my kitchen food cabinets and arranged the remainder neatly,a place for everything etc etc. Every time I open the cupboard I grin with pleasure and give a little nod to the little carton(it held pears at one time) which now corrals all those little odds and ends like oxo cubes,black and white pepper,saltcellar,and another which holds soy sauce,garlic sauce,vinegar No more rooting through the whole cupboard searching for something,and cleaning is easy,just lift out the whole carton and wipe. My kids just roll their eyes at weird mam,but it makes me happy!:rotfl::rotfl:

I have a little plastic tub in the cupboard for Oxo cubes, and bits like that. Its a great idea. I also have one for crisps, 'cause I was sick of OH opening a multipack to take out 1 packet and then throwing the rest randomly in the cupboard. So now they are all stacked neatly one behind the other...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback