2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Baileysonice
    Options
    Itisme wrote: »
    7/10 for today please.

cathybird wrote: »
    Morning all, 14/21 for me please, smiley day, yay. :)

:T:T:T well done on smilie day cathybird and Itisme :j:j:j
  • lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all I’m always late to the party...
    7/21
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
  • ElusiveLucy
    Options
    Catching up after a couple of days of not being on here. Up to 7/15 for Weds night. Let myself down last night and had two rum & diet cokes. Serves me right because the coke kept me awake til god knows what time, just couldn't get to sleep. This month seems to be going to pot AFD wise.
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • Baileysonice
    Options
    lamarsi wrote: »
    Hi all I’m always late to the party...
    7/21

Welcome lamarsi :wave: Better late than never and already 7 under the belt :T
  • Baileysonice
    Options
    Catching up after a couple of days of not being on here. Up to 7/15 for Weds night. Let myself down last night and had two rum & diet cokes. Serves me right because the coke kept me awake til god knows what time, just couldn't get to sleep. This month seems to be going to pot AFD wise.

Oh dear :o on the other hand you have 7 days so far which is good going and a new smilie worthy. :D If your anything like me then thats more than you would have done before this thread so well done :T
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 March 2018 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Welcome Lamarsi! :wave:
    fatrab wrote: »
    Every night the little devil on one shoulder has to be kicked into touch by the angel on the other side. I'm about to leave work and the thought of going for a pint has crossed my mind in exactly the same way as it does every other night, my digs are straight across the road from a pub, another pub is less than 100yds away, but I've resisted a midweek pint for nearly 2 months now.

Staying off drink has been easy. Getting out of the habit hasn't been.

Best of luck :)

I can't stay I found staying off it easy for the first few months but then it suddenly was. The cravings only happened very, very occasionally to be begin with and as I'd given up smoking about 10 years before I tackled the booze, I knew they only lasted 20 minutes.

The habit, though, I agree with you was the hardest thing of all. It was the habit that I found so difficult to break and without Bec*s Blu* I'm not sure I would have managed it. The fact that AF lager and beer are now available pretty much everywhere has been my saviour, but particularly in the evenings when we have dinner. I have one every night with my evening meal and that's usually enough. I'm not sure I'll ever get past that habit while OH and I are together, because dinner is a big deal for him.

When he's not here I don't even think about a proper meal in the evenings. I'd rather carry on the way it is than risk changing anything and going back to old really, really bad habits.
    I haven't made it any easier by going cold turkey on chocolate and cheese and processed food. All props gone! I think there is an element of craving the sugar in the booze and not the alcohol so much?
    Thank god for coffee :D

I wouldn't have succeeded if I'd tried to do it all at once. I'm far too weak-willed. I finally gave up sugar for four weeks for Lent before I caved, but it's been nearly four years since I stopped drinking. Up until this Lent I've managed a week twice, but that's been it. I think I caved after four weeks because I hadn't lost a single pound, despite also cutting out cheese and normally that combination is enough for me to lose 2 lbs a week. I'm blaming it on age and have consoled myself with a bit of chocolate but I'm back on the wagon now in every way.

Giving up sugar thing is every bit as tough as stopping smoking or drinking but it's less important to me, much, much less important.
    Two words. Dark. Chocolate. As pure as possible, in very small amounts. Hotel Chocolat Dark Tiddly Pots are ideal. Tiny buttons of 70% cocoa. They're an acquired taste to begin with but they take the craving away. Just one or two and let them melt, don't crunch them. Works for me every time :)

We've got a fabulous chocolatier just round the corner - it's the closest shop to the house! Pretty much everything they do is out of this world and it's been a factor in my downfall!

16/31 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    10 please Baileys
    Arkers x
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,806 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You're brave going CT on all of them at once lol!

Two words. Dark. Chocolate. As pure as possible, in very small amounts. Hotel Chocolat Dark Tiddly Pots are ideal. Tiny buttons of 70% cocoa. They're an acquired taste to begin with but they take the craving away. Just one or two and let them melt, don't crunch them. Works for me every time :)
    Or completely mad. I figured hell was hell. There is not a little bit hell or a lot hell just hell.
    Today is 4/15. I think it is getting harder NOT easier. What is that about? I had to avoid the wine aisle completely in the supermarket today. Sigh. Friday night makes it worse too! End of moaning :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Friday night makes it worse too! End of moaning :)
    Well done - Friday definitely makes it worse and I don't even have end of the work week as an excuse since I am retired
    I gave in tonight and I am now drinking a bottle of German lager

Of the alcohol free variety :)
    16/31 please Baileys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills