First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    2/14 for today please Baileys
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cathybird wrote: »
    Baileys, I reached 100 on the last day of April - thanks for all your hard work with this, it's incredibly helpful :) :T:T
    fatrab wrote: »
    31/90 for today please Baileys :)

It's great to hear about your other targets. Well done to you both! I'm in full admiration.:T

Off the blocks today. It's horribly wet and miserable here so hot drinks called for.:D

1/10 AFDs please Baileys.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,519 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Aw thanks Honey Bear and maman :) The support of this group just makes everything so much easier!

Today definitely not an AFD for me tho as I'm going for drinks at lunchtime with a work colleague, ha ha :) Totally looking forward to it but will be back in the saddle again tomorrow.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello! Thought I'd join in. I don't normally do a monthly target, I just try to do as well as I can, but I thought I would do one this month.

19 which is pretty ambitious, but is just all the Monday to Thursdays in the month. And gives me some leeway as I hope to not drink on Sundays as well, but if I do, ah well. 19 is a big number and bigger than I have managed in any month, but we will see.

I'm up to 1 so far this month, haha. Didn't even really give drink a thought after dinner yesterday. I felt like I wanted something as a treat, but for once, it didn't necessarily have to be alcohol.

My target for the year is 183. I just want to be able to say I've done 50% of the year not drinking. I'm up to 56, so 46.28%. Need to up my game!
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back. I have been reading but posting as well as reading definitely helps to make me more accountable. Sad at my advanced age and general decrepitude that I need to tell others to make me think do I want that as opposites to either 'oh s*d it' or more often 'I have had such a day I deserve a drink'. Neither very helpful. But posting early and confidently as there is no alcohol in the house I would drink 2/15 for May please. Thank Baileys for keeping the totals too.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    2/27 please Baileys :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • cathybird
    Options
    maggiem wrote: »
    I have been reading but posting as well as reading definitely helps to make me more accountable. Sad at my advanced age and general decrepitude that I need to tell others to make me think do I want that as opposites to either 'oh s*d it' or more often 'I have had such a day I deserve a drink'.

maggiem I don't think it has anything to do with age or decrepitude, well I like to think it doesn't, ha ha :rotfl:If you're just reading then it's kept private but if you announce it it makes it public.The sense that other people are watching is a very powerful influence for most people and one that can be a force for bad as well as good, but in the case of this thread, it's all good! I get the feeling you're beating yourself up a bit, please don't, there's no need, and I'm not sure it helps at all, you know? The main thing is that you're here, and being here is definitely a good thing for all of us. x
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello everyone. Can I get involved? I've been meaning to try and join in since October but life, and wine, kept getting in the way :o I would like to aim for 31 days and today am 2/31 :)
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • cathybird
    Options
    Morning all, 2/21 for me please :) Welcome lonelyrat! :hello:
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning. I finished April on 16/17.

1/17 so far for May please.

Thanks for keeping up the totals Baileys.
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport