New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Allay claims PPI

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
53 replies 90.3K views
KimbersshellsKimbersshells Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
My mum was contacted by phone by Allay claims about PPI. She has previously had an IVA so I am assuming they have gained her details from that. They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is £4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced. I do feel like they pushed her into something she didn't have a clue about.

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did she get any redress paid to her, or has it all gone to her creditors?
  • I think it will be being sent to her.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She'll need to pay it then, as she signed the contract. It's only if she had been ineligible to get redress she may have had a way out.

At least she saved on the cost of a stamp, and they're not cheap these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    They offered to try to reclaim PPI for her on a no win no fee basis but their fee is 36%. She didn't really know what she was doing and let them go ahead. Now their fee is £4500. is there anything we can do to get this reduced?
    No.
    That's the fee your Mum signed a legally-binding contract agreeing to and that's the amount she will now be invoiced for.

Failure to pay in full will result in debt collectors and ultimately court. I'm certain your mother won't want to repeat her earlier debt problems.

Is she definitely getting all the PPI redress? Has she checked with her IVA company?
  • messyheadmessyhead Forumite
    23 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    I started with Allay, and they sent me consent letters for the various financial organisations. But I'm not going to proceed with them, as 36% seems pretty steep, and I've since started contacting providers myself.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • If you!!!8217;ve historically been insolvent expect this payment to go to the IVA company. Due to the green vs Wright case you may not see these funds and the IVA company will pay Allay for their work and rest divided between creditors.
  • Kirky9999Kirky9999 Forumite
    5 posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Don’t go anywhere near Allay. I instructed them months ago to act on my behalf and have only had a couple of automated emails to say they have found 2 PPI for me. I have chased and chased for an update but nothing. I had paperwork from one of the banks followed by numerous calls. I emailed Allay to ask what exactly are they doing as the bank are in touch more than them but again no response. Not entirely sure what they are charging commission for as they haven’t done a thing
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    30.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirky9999 wrote: »

Not entirely sure what they are charging commission for as they haven’t done a thing

The same as all claims company.

They bought the stamp and posted your form for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Yet another thread bump?
    This is beyond ridiculous..
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another thread bump?
    This is beyond ridiculous..

The problem is that people seem to dislike creating new posts, they search for an existing post mentioning their issue and just reply to that, no idea why really. Could do with a blanket lock on any post more than say 6 months old
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]