Let's do this!

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hopefully as time passes perhaps she'll feel she is ready for another pet.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hopefully as time passes perhaps she'll feel she is ready for another pet.

Hey SSG, I don't think she should get another dog, really, and I said to my husband it'd be a mistake if his brother got her another one (he gave her this pooch as a puppy). The pooch was a collie and he was so strong and lively she wasn't able to walk him. I don't think he went out on many proper walks, apart from when my husband's son walked him, but that hadn't happened in years :(

She played with him indoors, but it's not the same. Maybe as he'd never known any different it wasn't so bad, but I thought it was wrong really. A few years' ago I suggested she get in touch with a local charity where the volunteers walk people's dogs, which I thought would have been good for him, but she refused. It did annoy me...and we're not close enough in distance to just pop round.

She's 88 this year. She does have a couple of cats, who aren't hers but she feeds them and they spend time at her house, so at least she has them and they don't need as much attention as dogs.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How very sad for your Auntie to lose her dog , it must have been a great friend and companion for her .

It's your 1yr Anniversary today Lilith .
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sorry Lilith - I didn't realise your MIL was as old as she is - you're quite right. I hope she continues to find solace and company in her adoptive cats.

And happy anniversary too from me!:beer:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    How very sad for your Auntie to lose her dog , it must have been a great friend and companion for her .

It's your 1yr Anniversary today Lilith .

Thanks Cumbria, I'd forgotten! I've just looked at my credit card amounts as compared to last year:

Tesco: £4135 (2018). £0.00 (2019) - I switched to a lower deal on another card (can't remember which one!)

MBNA: £6839 (2018). £7,464 (2019)

Barclaycard: £6,502 (2018). £5,588 (2019).

2018 total £17,478
    2019 total: £13,052

I have NO idea how I have lowered my debt by this much. I didn't think it would have changed at all, but if I've needed to pay for things on my card, I've usually been able to pay it back each month. I'd love to get it under £10k by this time next year :D
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Sorry Lilith - I didn't realise your MIL was as old as she is - you're quite right. I hope she continues to find solace and company in her adoptive cats.

And happy anniversary too from me!:beer:

It's fine, you weren't to know! And thanks :beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done on your debt reduction, keep going and it will be under 10k next year.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Awww sorry to hear about your MILs poor dog,if she is fit enough maybe she could volunteer for the charity that needs dog walkers,it's a good way to get out and meet people too
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Well done on your debt reduction, keep going and it will be under 10k next year.

Thanks Cumbria :D
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Awww sorry to hear about your MILs poor dog,if she is fit enough maybe she could volunteer for the charity that needs dog walkers,it's a good way to get out and meet people too

Thanks :) we could certainly suggest that to her in time and see what she says, although she has slowed down a lot in recent years and seems to prefer being indoors. She can be quite stubborn to suggestions :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback