Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    blue_eyes wrote: »
    Oxford Packaging Research Project: Perceptions of Food (2B101)
    Hosted by psy.ox.ac.uk
    £1.50 15 minutes £6.00/hr 5113 places remaining

So yes there are 5000 places still at the moment

Note- this is for laptops/desktops only, not phone/tablet

Oxford University packaging boredom klaxon!
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Crabby
    Crabby Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pictures of the 4th round wouldn't load for me

I have the same problem, right I clicked on the picture and got this;

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Looks like we've overloaded their server.:(
    Winner winner, Chicken dinner.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    None of the pictures are loading for me on the packaging survey - grrrr
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • olliebean
    olliebean Posts: 598 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    pictures of the 4th round wouldn't load for me

Only the 1st round pictures loaded for me. The others all showed broken image icons. I mentioned this in the comments box at the end of each round (the "Why did you put the images in this order?" box) - hoping to still get paid, I did mention I'd do the last three rounds again if they fix the broken images (although will do so begrudgingly if they don't pay extra for it).
  • Crabby
    Crabby Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did the same, and sent them a message.
    Winner winner, Chicken dinner.
  • olliebean
    Options
    This message is now up:

Dear all,
    The following online survey has been experiencing an issue with images not loading in the study:
    Oxford Packaging Research Project: Perceptions of Food (2B101)
    This issue started at 08:14am this morning (09 March 2019), and was due to a lack of bandwidth on the server hosting the study's images. Note that you may be receiving this message, even if you did not experience this error. We're investigating the issue, and hope it to be resolved shortly. This study has been stopped, and once the issue is fully resolved, a new study will be created to take its place. You will all be eligible to take part in this study again, should you wish (and will be shown different product images than before).
    We're really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this: we simply hadn't appreciated the implications of thousands of people accessing the images at the same time, and this was our error. Many thanks for all of you who have been in touch so far to help identify and resolve the issue.
    I will be discussing with the Prolific team, when they return to the office on Monday, how we can best compensate anyone affected by this inconvenience. We will be in touch with those of you who have been affected soon.
    Best regards,
    Greg
  • cobblers_boy
    Options
    I was fortunate and got on the survey early and completed it without experiencing any problems. They have also paid up already. Hope everybody else gets sorted.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was fortunate and got on the survey early and completed it without experiencing any problems. They have also paid up already. Hope everybody else gets sorted.

Cobblers? Northampton?....boooo :p

I must admit for quite possibly the first time it was one £1.50 I had no inclination to go for. Ive done them too many times, you think "this one will be better" and no. No they are horrendously dull. :eek:
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • olliebean
    Options
    I've had my response accepted and received the £1.50 payment now, in spite of only having been able to do a quarter of the study.
  • cobblers_boy
    Options
    For more years than I can remember Mike. We all have our crosses to bear!!:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback