Options

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 August 2018 at 4:00PM
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Someone just had a moan about that on their Facebook page...this was their answer.....

Q. Please make it clear on the site whether the places is number of places taken or left. Very confusing

A. The first number is the places taken (but if you hover over the number, it will tell you how many are left / taken as well).

Imbecilic, pointless change, no? Utterly illogical. What kind of idiot came up with this stupid idea? Give me strength.

ETA: That last was far too much work for a poxy 50p.
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Imbecilic, pointless change, no? Utterly illogical. What kind of idiot came up with this stupid idea? Give me strength.

ETA: That last was far too much work for a poxy 50p.

It was me having a moan! I had one the other day that said 0/10 so something is clearly amiss
  • Smodlet
    Options
    It was me having a moan! I had one the other day that said 0/10 so something is clearly amiss

Huh, Brookside? You did not mean it was your idea, I am pretty sure (right?) Some eejit at PA just thinks it is funny to jerk us around, imo.
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Huh, Brookside? You did not mean it was your idea, I am pretty sure (right?) Some eejit at PA just thinks it is funny to jerk us around, imo.

No it was me that had a moan about it on Facebook lol. They posted asking what they could improve
  • Smodlet
    Options
    No it was me that had a moan about it on Facebook lol. They posted asking what they could improve

Everything would be a start...
  • Tombo
    Tombo Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My account's still locked as they are locking new accounts at the moment, there is a banner across the top of the page
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    2018 Wins: Rockstar Energy Drink Headphones
    :jDebt-Free Wannabe!! :j
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Is anyone else doing the 21 day job crafting study?
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    rachelja wrote: »
    Did anyone else get this survey rejected...first on in over 200 that I've had rejected so I 've contacted the researcher :(

Yep! rejected
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zzzt
    zzzt Posts: 407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I got a reply from support about the PEC-SUB-0001 errors.
    Dear participant,

You may have been unable to access studies due to recent changes in our security processes. We carry out various types of automated checks on accounts to improve data quality. These include assessing responses to surveys and questions, checking the trustworthiness of ISPs, reports from researchers, as well as other factors.

Please consider updating any inconsistent questions or removing any VPNs, proxies, or browser extensions that you are using. Also try to take part on a different internet connection.

If you continue to experience these errors I'm afraid it means you may not be able to participate in further studies on Prolific because your account has failed one or more of these checks. We are unable to disclose further information about these checks.

However, you will still be able to withdraw any rewards earned from your account as normal.

Best wishes,
    Prolific
    This seems to be a polite "!!!! you". I haven't been able to do a single study (always get this error). They assure me my account has no blocks on it and is in good standing, but obviously I don't pass their mysterious ISP checks for undisclosed reasons.

I've been trying on mobile network and WiFi at work rather than my home ISP, I wonder if that's why. It's still stupid. I have been a reliable participant, completing surveys without problems, and then they introduce security checks for no apparent reason which means I can no longer use Prolific ever again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I just keep getting the same survey pop up that I can't do at work, voice recognition or something, nothing else :cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback