Options
    Sense of relief is in existence!

Would that I could say the same!
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 March 2018 at 3:22PM
    Options
    iWeb may be cheaper than II for ISAs (though not if you fully use your II trading credits), but for SIPPs over £50k II is cheaper.

It really depends on your circumstances. For my static OEIC holding the iWeb / Halifax SD £180 (£144 after tax relief) is cheaper than paying II for £120 (£96 after tax relief) + £90 (no tax relief) account fee. In terms of money leaving my bank account that's £42 per year cheaper
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    It really depends on your circumstances. For my static OEIC holding the iWeb / Halifax SD £180 (£144 after tax relief) is cheaper than paying II for £120 (£96 after tax relief) + £90 (no tax relief) account fee. In terms of money leaving my bank account that's £42 per year cheaper
    Yes, I realised after posting that I'd got that wrong but by then my head was on the pillow. Thanks for correcting, Alex.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,639 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »

Where does the tax relief come into things?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sovsov1357
    sovsov1357 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still having issues logging into the app - every time I log in it asks me to put my username in, even if I tick the remember username box. Have emailed Interactive Investor to see what their response is. Anyone else had this issue?! TBH still the cheapest platform for my portfolio so I'm not really complaining...
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have emailed Interactive Investor to see what their response is.

You might have lost the will to live before they reply.:eek:

While the in specie transfer finally completed on 12 March ( around four months of delay/obfuscation/error) between iweb/II/their custodians/the fund houses) I still await a dividend paid on 26 January....

I'm not sure that I would ever again contemplate an in specie transfer, especially not of dividend paying funds.
  • capital0ne
    capital0ne Posts: 872 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sam_scott wrote: »
    Still having issues logging into the app - every time I log in it asks me to put my username in, even if I tick the remember username box. Have emailed Interactive Investor to see what their response is. Anyone else had this issue?! TBH still the cheapest platform for my portfolio so I'm not really complaining...
    No issues logging on - what browser are you using?
  • inflationbuster
    Options
    sam_scott wrote: »

Try 'Clear browsing data' in your browser and clear your cookies as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure