PayPal chargeback?

2»

Comments

• chancesare_2
    chancesare_2 Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    Pun wrote: »
    I think I'd sooner take the occasional loss rather than get so anal about it all!

The occasional loss isn't so bad for some, the £14 charge can be a bigger pain. If you are a business then holding onto receipts is easy, for a private seller, it's a bulldog clip at the very most.
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I bought one of those 12 slot divider storage boxes for a few quid and occasionally empty my wallet of proof of postages into one of the slots - different slot for each month. At the end of the year I throw them in a big envelope and mark it 'Postage 2017-18' (for example). Every few years I have a clear out and junk anything over 2 years old.

I do the same for purchase receipts when I get them but keep them longer just in case HMRC ever get funny and want to audit me, 7 years I think for HMRC.

Easy to do and doesn't take up much room especially when shoved in an envelope.
  • I have had a chargeback on my account. However for some reason all my paypal emails were ending up in my junk folder and i found out too late and was not able to respond on time to paypals requests regarding delivery and tracking of item. Is there anything i can do now.
  • spinbald wrote: »
    I have had a chargeback on my account. However for some reason all my paypal emails were ending up in my junk folder and i found out too late and was not able to respond on time to paypals requests regarding delivery and tracking of item. Is there anything i can do now.

If you have lost the case you can try to appeal but in essence, the timelines are rigid.
  • Unfortunately i was not able to submit any details althoguh i do have the tracking information and receipt.. At the moment this is what paypal have said:
    The buyer reported that someone made the order without their permission. Until this case is closed, we've also placed a hold on the transaction amount.

After reviewing the information we received, we were unable to cover the payment in this case. However, we might be able to recover this from the buyer's financial institution.

Once we file a case on your behalf with the buyer's financial institution, it could take up to 75 days to get a resolution. If we're able to recover the payment of 114.99, we'll refund the money to your PayPal balance.
    Is there anything else i can do at the moment. I am not a regular seller and this has been very unexpected and i really don't know what to do .
    Unfortunately i was not able to submit any details althoguh i do have the tracking information and receipt.. At the moment this is what paypal have said:
    The buyer reported that someone made the order without their permission. Until this case is closed, we've also placed a hold on the transaction amount.

After reviewing the information we received, we were unable to cover the payment in this case. However, we might be able to recover this from the buyer's financial institution.

Once we file a case on your behalf with the buyer's financial institution, it could take up to 75 days to get a resolution. If we're able to recover the payment of 114.99, we'll refund the money to your PayPal balance.
    Is there anything else i can do at the moment. I am not a regular seller and this has been very unexpected and i really don't know what to do .

You need the certificate of posting and or proof of delivery to defend it and get the full monies protected. If you say you have it, then you need to get it uploaded to the case and ask Paypal to invoke seller protection. You may need to ring them to get this added.
  • I used Collect+ via the parcel2go website and the tracking info is there. Would that be ok?
    I will give them a ring and see what they say. Though i'm a bit nervous on the phone :eek:
    I used Collect+ via the parcel2go website and the tracking info is there. Would that be ok?
    I will give them a ring and see what they say. Though i'm a bit nervous on the phone :eek:

From what you say your chargeback is for unauthorised use.

Section 11.7 of seller protection for unauthorised use says you need:
    For services and intangible items (in countries where such transactions are eligible for PayPal seller protection): Proof of Delivery

For all other transactions: Proof of Postage (minimum) or Proof of Delivery

Does the tracking show as delivered?

Have you added the tracking information to the Paypal transaction and to the case?

There is no need to be nervous when ringing them, they are very helpful. If you don't sort it out you WILL lose your money.
  • From what you say your chargeback is for unauthorised use.

Section 11.7 of seller protection for unauthorised use says you need:

Does the tracking show as delivered?

Have you added the tracking information to the Paypal transaction and to the case?

There is no need to be nervous when ringing them, they are very helpful. If you don't sort it out you WILL lose your money.

The tracking does show as delivered.
    I have not added the tracking information to paypal or to the case as the time to do so has elapsed and there is no option to add this now.
    If i had seen my emails earlier then i would have done so but because they all somehow ended up in my junk folder , i had no knowledge of them. It was only upon randomly checking my Paypal account i realised what had happened.
    I will ring them and hope this gets sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure