MSE News: New Curve card claims to be 'the only card you need to carry'

Options

Comments

• bigmaz
    bigmaz Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    !!! wrote: »

I was told by Curve I could not recieve funds back onto the card when I asked them about it, so confused about that then..... I take my whole statement back :)

That is a really handy link, thank you very much for this... I feel really bad now for posting false info, but just going by what Curve support has said on my support ticket. :doh:
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bigmaz wrote: »
    ... I feel really bad now for posting false info, but just going by what Curve support has said on my support ticket. :doh:
    Don't feel bad, you've shown us that Curve support, like so many others, is a bit lacking. That sort of information is always useful.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bit late to the party - but re: the refund issue. If the merchant doesn't "properly identify" the refund (whatever that means!) Curve don't know what original transaction it was for and so it sits in limbo until they contact you (or you chase them, as I had to do).

Hotels.com put a refund through months down the line but presumably didn't link it to the original transaction ID - so it was just "sat there" until I contact Curve to chase it.

So refunds are certainly possible as above, but not always straight forward! Just for balance - I have had some very straight forward refunds with no issues too! :)

I also see Curve have extended their Black 'trial' for those who were early adopters. It was due to expire at the end of April but now seems to be continuing while they figure out what to do.

I got my £50 back because of the Amex mayhem (the first time round), but from their forums it seems a lot of people didn't (signups once Curve were more established) so are up in arms about it changing from one-time fee to subscription model (some reporting within a week of their purchase!!)
  • huggy121
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the MSE forum so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. My sister, who now lives in America has asked me to look at a combination smart card called 'Revv'. Not sure what to make of it. I've watched a video about it and it looks similar to the cards described in this post. I have a visa debit card and a credit card at the moment and use them without any problems. Not sure of the benefits of this one?!? Anyone heard of the 'Revv' card??
  • londoninvestor
    Options
    huggy121 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm new to the MSE forum so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. My sister, who now lives in America has asked me to look at a combination smart card called 'Revv'. Not sure what to make of it. I've watched a video about it and it looks similar to the cards described in this post. I have a visa debit card and a credit card at the moment and use them without any problems. Not sure of the benefits of this one?!? Anyone heard of the 'Revv' card??

Had a quick google.

Not available until early 2020.

$68 fee.

Appears to combine cryptocurrency waffle and pyramid marketing.

It would seem very well worth not touching with a bargepole.
  • mikesGonnaDoIt
    Options
    If you want a free £5 sign-up bonus with your free Curve Card just use my code: NBYZJ24D when signing up.
  • The_Urbanite
    Options
    Had a quick google.

Not available until early 2020.

$68 fee.

Appears to combine cryptocurrency waffle and pyramid marketing.

It would seem very well worth not touching with a bargepole.

Agreed - and after the Plastc flop everybody should be well wary of "preorders" of unfinished products. I was thinking about that one but when I read the advert it was clear enough that they were desperate to raise money but had nothing to deliver - I'm not trying to be the mug that hands money over in those circumstance!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you want a free £5 sign-up bonus with your free Curve Card just use my code: NBYZJ24D when signing up.

Post in the referrals board please...
  • soldierboy001
    Options
    Yes terminals recognise the difference between debit and credit cards
  • gsmh
    gsmh Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    An old thread, but useful nonetheless. I just opened a Curve account so I can use it with a current account which doesn't have Apple Pay capability (Triodos). Apple Pay support in Curve is imminent, literally days away, Google and Samsung Pay is already here. After reading the thread I wouldn't use it in situations where I might need to challenge something, or receive a refund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure