Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• gilly56
    gilly56 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Speculator, I logged in and interest is going to my linked bank accounts for both accounts, will just have to be patient.
  • JamesRobinson48
    JamesRobinson48 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 May 2018 at 10:14AM
    Options
    Monmouthshire BS has just released a fixed rate RS paying 2.50% fixed, 12 months, max £250 pm, postal applications accepted.

http://www.monbs.com/regular-savers-bond/

This BS accepts new customers from a restricted geographic area only. However I see that this includes a wide spread of mid/west England, as far east along the M4 corridor as Reading (postcode RG) as well as the postcodes for Bristol, Bath, Worcester, Oxford, etc.
  • patientperson
    patientperson Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 24 May 2018 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Normally Monmouthshire BS restrict products to those living in Wales or existing members.

There is something not quite right though as both sets of criteria are not the same.

Main description of Saver Plus .. This account can only be opened by new customers who live within the following postcode areas: NP, CF, SA, LD, WR, GL, HR, BS, BA, SN, RG, OX, SY and TA. Existing Society customers may open this account.

Online application: his account can only be opened by new customers who live within the following postcode areas: NP, CF, SA, LD, WR, GL, HR & BS. Existing Society customers may open this account.

A word of caution .. Online for Monmouthshire involves completing the application which is submitted to the BS. The form is then sent back to the applicant for signature so not quite true online.
  • 87matchstick
    Options
    Anyone able to help on my query above? Thank you !!!55357;!!!56842;
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

My £500 a month regular saver with Nationwide flexplus matures on 17th June. I want to switch to Natwest platinum with their £100 up front and bills cash back (I want the insurance etc which works out similarly for what I use, plus the tastecard and national trust are nice perks).

What I wanted to ask was what will happen if I make the switch on June 15th in terms of the Nationwide regular saver? Will I earn interest up to that point (missing out on only a couple of days worth), or is the reality that the switch will probably take long enough for the regular saver to have matured on the 17th by then? Or do I lose the lot (surely not!)?

Any help appreciated :)
    What did Nationwide say when you asked them? Any particular reason for the urgency? Why does your switch have to be completed on a Friday, and why can't you wait until the following Monday?
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    What did Nationwide say when you asked them? Any particular reason for the urgency? Why does your switch have to be completed on a Friday, and why can't you wait until the following Monday?
    I assume he wants to take advantage of the switch bonus which closes on 15 June.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can only transfer money to other Nationwide accounts online for the Flex Regular Saver. Once the current account is closed, you won't be able to withdraw the money unless you open another Nationwide account or go to a branch.
  • solartom
    solartom Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Re Ford RS
    Interest payment arrived today for first RS just a couple of days after maturity
    Mortgage Free 02/02/2024
  • youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The Nationwide T&C's indicate that you can have the funds from a Regular saver sent to another account elsewhere if it is your nominated account (you would therefore have to tell them this) and also if you no longer hold a qualifying account then they can convert the Regular saver into a normal saving account though they would tell you this in advance.

I would personally send them a secure message asking if you close your Flex account on the 15th and your Regular Saver matures on the 17th what would happen, then at least you have it in writing and so if anything different happens then you at least have proof.
  • 87matchstick
    Options
    Thank you for the advice guys, much appreciated, just thought I!!!8217;d tap into here to see what people thought or had possibly experienced :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure