🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I have 4 with Nottingham BS, two with Monmouthshire BS, two with Chorley BS - in my name, for the avoidance of doubt. :)

I've got a few more than that with Notts...

Also YBS from a former N&P and the YBS normal one.

Around 40 RS in total.

Frankly I'd be lost without them.

;-)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sadly, the Al Rayan 1.6% Everyday Saver is now no longer available to new applicants.

The rate is maintained for now on existing accounts (new accounts are a paltry 1%).
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,824 Forumite
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Sadly, the Al Rayan 1.6% Everyday Saver is now no longer available to new applicants.

The rate is maintained for now on existing accounts (new accounts are a paltry 1%).

Sadly, it might be a signal that they will reduce the interest after sometimes.

I have diverted one of my BOS SO to Al Rayan. It seems like I might have to divert it again to another AC when the interest drop.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    HBOS
    Yorkshire BS
    Principality BS
    Monmouthshire BS
    Virgin Money
    I have 1x BoS, 1x Halifax, 1x Lloyds. Didn't know I could have multiple of each!
  • abz88
    abz88 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    colsten wrote: »

As its a Sharia account, do they have to reduce the 1.6% for existing customers or do they just pay out less as its not a guaranteed sum or technically interest?
  • abz88
    Options
    vermania wrote: »
    Yes, they have been consistently offering regular RSs with more generous rates for some time. The merger, and HSBC rate drops might cause a rethink. Make hay while the sun shines everyone! :money:

They were also the only provider that I had an account with that raised the RS interest when the BoE increased the base rate last year. My E-Saver Issue 10 went from 2.25% to 2.5%, can't see that happening after they merge somehow.
  • colsten
    Options
    abz88 wrote: »
    As its a Sharia account, do they have to reduce the 1.6% for existing customers or do they just pay out less as its not a guaranteed sum or technically interest?
    The predicted profit on issue 1 is still 1.6%
  • abz88
    Options
    Kind of my point colsten, nothing stopping then having a predicted profit of 1.6% but paying out 1%
  • colsten
    Options
    Kind of my point colsten, nothing stopping then having a predicted profit of 1.6% but paying out 1%
    I have always had the predicted profit paid out.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

This is a regular saver thread; do try to stay on topic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport