Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Opened a Leeds RS and deposited £250, now waiting for access code to get on line.
  • welshmoneylover
    Options
    Can anyone help please?
    My Halifax RS matured last week, and I have been trying to open another one online but it has told me I cam not eligible for another RS. Anyone have any idea why?
    I am sure in the past I have been able to open another RS with them.
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can anyone help please?
    My Halifax RS matured last week, and I have been trying to open another one online but it has told me I cam not eligible for another RS. Anyone have any idea why?

This is quite unusual.
    Try calling them explaining your problem.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    Options

Are you logging-in with a BoS or Halifax identity?

I normally manage my Bank-of-Scotland and Halifax accounts using my BoS login identity (you can see and operate all HBOS accounts from either BoS or Halifax), but when renewing a Halifax regular saver it automatically assumed I was wanting to start a new BoS account and refused because I already had a BoS regular saver - I simply had to login with my Halifax identity and all worked perfectly!
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can anyone help please?

Has it disappeared from your internet banking, has the money been removed?

Once its empty you should be able to open a new one.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    Are you logging-in with a BoS or Halifax identity?

I normally manage my Bank-of-Scotland and Halifax accounts using my BoS login identity (you can see and operate all HBOS accounts from either BoS or Halifax), but when renewing a Halifax regular saver it automatically assumed I was wanting to start a new BoS account and refused because I already had a BoS regular saver - I simply had to login with my Halifax identity and all worked perfectly!

You can't open Halifax accounts through BOS login and vice versa, just like you can't open Halifax accounts in a BOS branch and vice versa.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whoo-hoo, it's Virgin Regular saver interest day!!!! Kerching!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can anyone help please?

Has the old one been closed properly?

I had one that matured over a year ago, and I didn't re-subscribe for another year but it still sat there with zero balance in my online banking. When I came to want another (at 2.5% rather than the old 2%) I couldn't do so as the old one meant the system thought I already had one. I couldn't close it online, called and was told I couldn't close it by phone either but had to write or call into a branch which was a bit annoying. However when I did manage to get to a branch they were able to shut it down at the counter and I could open a new RS online the following day.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Whoo-hoo, it's Virgin Regular saver interest day!!!! Kerching!!
    Thanks, I'd forgotten about that.

I'm not sure what's happened to my Easy Access E-Saver Reward 12 [formerly Regular E-Saver (Issue 2)]. After they paid out double interest on maturity it had a balance of -£37.09, but there is now a new entry called 'INTEREST RECOVERED' of -£37.18. Very mysterious!
    Stompa
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Thanks, I'd forgotten about that.

I'm not sure what's happened to my Easy Access E-Saver Reward 12 [formerly Regular E-Saver (Issue 2)]. After they paid out double interest on maturity it had a balance of -£37.09, but there is now a new entry called 'INTEREST RECOVERED' of -£37.18. Very mysterious!

Same here. It's also happened on my former Regular E Saver Issue 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure