We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

"Half price" digital camera - £25 - until October 31st, 2007

Options

Comments

• kathrynvaughan
    Options
    I've bought one - and liked it so much have now ordered another for my son for Christmas (aged 18). I like it because of its simplicity, I'm not David Bailey, but it does exactly what it says on the box, and for £25 I dont think I've gone far wrong. Delivery was fantastic and customer contact was excellent.

Enjoy all those who have chosen to buy!!:j
    Any fool can pay full price!!
  • njshannon
    Options
    Orderedtoday, excellent value, however chose 3 day deliver and only noticed when finalised they charged me 9.99 as I live in Northern Ireland, very annoyed!!
  • oomymoomy
    Options
    Ordered mine cheers:beer:
    Thought it might be worth noting that you have to have a VERIFIED paypal account:wink:
  • paulie558
    paulie558 Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    Another sneaky trick is that they add the pre vat price of the camera,then add p&p,THEN vat,so you pay vat on the p&p!
    A way to play them at their own game is to go through quidco,which pays 5%.
    To do this you would have to go through the paypal link first,put the camera in the basket,then open a fresh page through Quidco and the camera should still be in the basket.
    This may not work ,but I've had succesful tracking before using this method.
    When all's said and done though,a fine camera at under £30 delivered.
  • cwp500
    cwp500 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    HP stuff is usually pretty reliable but can be battery hungry! Make sure you use the correct type of rechargeable battery. My first digital camera (not HP) ate up cartloads of batteries until I found I was using the wrong type!
    :o Keep trying.........................what else is there to do? :o
  • rlouisa
    rlouisa Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    ive tried orderin but its not workin....wanted a cheap camera to go on holiday with in a few wks time:confused: .dunno if someone lives in southeast london and can order, will pay them:rolleyes: . i have signed up and gone to misco website but the price is about £51 quid exc VAT
  • Teessiderange
    Options
    Many Thanks :beer:

Have ordered mine with credit card (cash back of course!) I did not have to pay through paypal; just used their link through to the site and still received the discount!
    Result :j
  • rlouisa
    rlouisa Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Tess Can U Talk Me Thru It Pls
  • Talon_3
    Talon_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I bought this camera a few days ago.
    I'll start by saying that it's not a fantastic camera.

When you try to zoom, there is a yellow box that gets smaller on the display, but the display image remains the same. When you take the photo, the result is what was displayed in the yellow box, but is then shown as full size the display when in viewing mode.

To be honest, the image quality does not appear like 5MP either ...

BUT ... I still think it is a good buy for £30 all in. It's small and will make a great gift for my teenage son!

As stated before, the camera does come with a USB cable, batteries and a driver disc. Since it is HP though, the drivers are not strictly necessary to see the images in XP. I haven't looked too closely at the memory card type yet.

Hope this helps some of you.
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for this - my brothers going to New Zealand early next year and he wanted to borrow mine so i'll give him this for xmas.

H x
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business