We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

"Half price" digital camera - £25 - until October 31st, 2007

Options

Comments

• saverspud
    Options
    7dayshop is also good for SD cards, I've used the cheaper Dane Elec stuff, which is great, really fast. They also have some good special offers and clearance deals. You only 1 % back from quidco, though, and the P+P is more than Memorybits.co.uk

Worth doing a comparison!
  • Kazzea
    Kazzea Posts: 1,982 Forumite
    Options
    Please note that this camera as far as i can see:

DOES NOT HAVE OPTICAL ZOOM

which is the most important zoom bit to have.

Amazon are currently doing a Samsung 6 megapixal camera with 3 times optical zoon and 5 times digital zoom for £49.99 this week only *inc free supersaver delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S630-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B000MXJ574/ref=pd_bbs_4/202-4194858-3014223?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1193178010&sr=8-4

This is not a put down of the OP - just thought people should be aware of the lack of optical zoom as most people would assume it came with most cameras as standard now
  • Bob63
    Bob63 Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    Kazzea makes a good point. This is not the bargain it seems. The camera is fixed-focus and optical zoom only. It is the most basic type of digital camera and is barely worth the £25 Misco are charging. At £50 full price it is a don't-touch-with-a-bargepole camera.

Mike
  • autismmum
    autismmum Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    my daughters been nagging for a camera like this for months, thanks so much :) a real surprise for her :)
    totally debt free:j and mortgage free too 2010
  • autismmum
    autismmum Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    my daughters been nagging for a camera like this for months, thanks so much :) a real surprise for her :)
    totally debt free:j and mortgage free too 2010
  • curtlyb
    curtlyb Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kazzea makes a good point. This is not the bargain it seems. The camera is fixed-focus and optical zoom only. It is the most basic type of digital camera and is barely worth the £25 Misco are charging. At £50 full price it is a don't-touch-with-a-bargepole camera.

Mike

A bit harsh but i do see your point, i've bought one for my little lad to take his own pictures (which have recently cost me a small fortune on his 35mm 'fixed focus' camera with processing etc)
    It's a basic camera that will take good pictures for the majority of needs and at £25 (combined with it's small size) means that i think it's a bargain ......unless someone can give me a checklist of other digital camera's to compare it with in the sub £30 bracket......... horses for courses i suspect, just make sure you don't expect David Bailey style flexibility with it, it's a point'n'shoot !!!!! (also means that he won't be mithering me to use my Nikon D40 :rolleyes:)

Its quite funny really because 18 months ago this camera would have been a bargain of the month for a 5mp camera @ £50 :-) technology eh !
  • purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    Mine arrived yesterday, a day after ordering.

It is quite basic, but the pics seem pretty good. I'm not complaining as DD1 wants the Fisher Price one for christmas which costs £50 but according to reviews takes horrible snowy pictures (640x480 pixels). Not sure how this will compare resilience wise, but I was very reluctant to shell out for the FP one at double the price. Time will only tell how resistant it is to the odd knock!
  • AirScape
    Options
    Hi,

I recently lost my digital camera and was looking for a cheap replacement that was better than using my mobile phone... I found some picture samples from this camera here:

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/hp/photosmart_e327

i think it is because of the fixed focus, or the lens but it seems to me that the picture quality is only marginally better than my Nokia 2MP camera phone.

I must admit though i couldn't find a cheaper camera. There are a few of this model going for £15 on ebay, but i ended up buying a 4MP olympus one that was about 2-3 years old in the end for £35 on ebay...

Good find though!
  • kookychops
    Options
    Bought same camera with printer deal last year for my daughter for around £100. Takes great pictures, easy to use. Just ordered one + sd card for my 15 year old son for Xmas- that'll stop him using my more expensive one. Thanks- thats Christmas started!
  • pkempc
    pkempc Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Just ordered one for son as a xmas pressy. He keeps grabbing my expensive Sony camera and messing around with it. On holiday he was trying to photograph a car and walked backwards to get it all in, tripped over the pavement and cushioned his fall by putting his right hand down - the same hand he had the camera in - doh! Camera still works but has got a few scratches to the casing. Now he can have is own cheap & chearful camera. Cheers:beer:
    Assume 1st – then check the facts!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family