Party Plan

Options

Comments

• cybermum
    cybermum Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been with Scentsy since they launched last year and echo everything Miss Wetwipe says...they are fantastic and with no pressure on the consultants or requirements to do x amount of parties ..something which can be daunting especially if it's not your thing but you still want to earn money and like th products and company.

As far as orders..it's the wax yes that is keeping your customer coming back..along now with the scent paks,and new body care line.
  • Miss_Wetwipe
    Options
    Oh my days, its going Scentsy mad!!! I've only spaces for 4 more parties between now and Christmas!!

In 6 months I think I'll be able to quit my other part time job and do this first time - it really has been the best decision I've ever made! x
  • h158
    h158 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just started as a PartyLite consultant - loving it and the products are amazing quality! Had my starter show yesterday and cleared my kit, so now I'm earning from my next party :-)
  • saxmanjc
    saxmanjc Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Bella_b wrote: »
    I'm interested in selling beauty products? Has anyone had any experience selling Mary Kay? I believe that it's very popular in the USA and is a very big company with consultants in many countries, it's just i've never come into contact with anyone who has worked for them. I would just like to know more about their experience if possible.
    Do you host the parties in your own home?

You host parties in your own home or wherever you can, distribute catalogues ( which you buy from Mary Kay ), badger friends and relatives. Sell, sell, sell.

My best friend started selling Mary Kay products several years ago. When she told me about her first Mary Kay meeting I said "that sounds like a cult". My friend has the right kind of contacts and knowledge of these products and I think she has sold quite a bit. I buy the mens products from her. I like the products but honestly doubt I would pay that price if I was not buying from my friend.
    Once Mary Kay have you as a consultant the pressure will surely come to keep buying more inventory and recruit new consultants. I very recently got swept up in my friend's enthusiasm and signed up as a consultant myself. It cost me £185 with lots of pressure to order hundreds of pounds worth of more products in the first 30 days and more in the next two months. My friend has been under lots of pressure to recruit, recruit, recruit which is how I ended up getting roped in.
    I have on Monday 1st Oct sent a Royal Mail signed-for letter to cancel my agreement within the stated 14 days and have DHL'd the £185 starter pack back to the head office.
    Google search "the pink truth" and in my own opinion don't get lost in the pink fog!
    2014: Feb: 4xAA Batteries, Babes with Babies Nightwear Set May: Police pendant Watches2u June: Dorset cereals muesli
    2013: May:
    4 Stella Chalices, Special K Jun: The Set Table Book, Tyrrells Crisps Sep: 1000 Nectar points
    2007: best win £10,000 Deal or no Deal viewer comp
  • OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    saxmanjc wrote: »
    I have on Monday 1st Oct sent a Royal Mail signed-for letter to cancel my agreement within the stated 14 days and have DHL'd the £185 starter pack back to the head office.
    Google search "the pink truth" and in my own opinion don't get lost in the pink fog!

Thats you off the Pink Cadilac list then.:D
  • saxmanjc
    saxmanjc Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    OldGreyFox wrote: »
    Thats you off the Pink Cadilac list then.:D

:) True, true. Pink Mercedes actually in the UK. Oh yeah I can really see myself (not) driving around in a pink Mercedes. Cash alternative is offered to those not wanting to take the car. Sure enough, a very small percentage of consultants do earn big commissions and the use of a car but that is not until they have recruited, recruited, recruited and bought loads of product.
    2014: Feb: 4xAA Batteries, Babes with Babies Nightwear Set May: Police pendant Watches2u June: Dorset cereals muesli
    2013: May:
    4 Stella Chalices, Special K Jun: The Set Table Book, Tyrrells Crisps Sep: 1000 Nectar points
    2007: best win £10,000 Deal or no Deal viewer comp
  • Peter_Pan
    Peter_Pan Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    saxmanjc wrote: »
    You host parties in your own home or wherever you can, distribute catalogues ( which you buy from Mary Kay ), badger friends and relatives. Sell, sell, sell.

My best friend started selling Mary Kay products several years ago. When she told me about her first Mary Kay meeting I said "that sounds like a cult". My friend has the right kind of contacts and knowledge of these products and I think she has sold quite a bit. I buy the mens products from her. I like the products but honestly doubt I would pay that price if I was not buying from my friend.
    Once Mary Kay have you as a consultant the pressure will surely come to keep buying more inventory and recruit new consultants. I very recently got swept up in my friend's enthusiasm and signed up as a consultant myself. It cost me £185 with lots of pressure to order hundreds of pounds worth of more products in the first 30 days and more in the next two months. My friend has been under lots of pressure to recruit, recruit, recruit which is how I ended up getting roped in.

Not all Companies have autoships or require you to buy certain amount of products yourself each month. I do think some encourage people to take big action when they join so they get into profit quickly which is after all what its about. Again not all Companies badger people to sell to friends and family, we use brochures in our local area, no pressure just a sorting process to see who is interested in our products and who isn't, that way you find genuine customers, there is also a variety of ways to make sales as well, online, events, talks to groups, visiting groups/clubs/businesses, parties, pamper evenings, with a pay plan that is geared to the retailer there is no pressure to recruit either. A Company needs all sorts of people and by addressing individuals needs and helping them achieve whatever it is they want builds a strong Business.

Debbie
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    Options
    can anyone tell me are stringfellows parties still going?
  • pinkie_pie
    pinkie_pie Posts: 829 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a Scentsy consultant and have found it very different to the other direct selling companies. You can put in more time at home instead of needing to push parties, the support is fantastic and being lesser known in the UK makes it a great opportunity. Yes you need to put some time and effort in, but not stock buying or friend hounding which is what a lot of other companies seem to rely on.
  • Robinette
    Robinette Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jenhug wrote: »
    can anyone tell me are stringfellows parties still going?

No, the company behind Stringfellows Retail (Chainstone Ltd) was dissolved in 2009. The guy who fronted the company moved to Dubai, where he set up a programme teaching Mandarin to the local children.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback