PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Fen1
    Fen1 Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GQ, please don't beat yourself up about your strength of emotion for your bike. It is completely natural to feel strongly about something in which you have invested so much, in every sense.
    As others have pointed out, having something stolen that is so very much part of your life is bound to be hurtful. It is quite a different scenario if we can let something go of our own volition, with grace and thanks.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Options
    Tibawo - lovely gesture and vouchers went where they were needed and appreciated. Gold Star!!!
    A couple of times in the past I've been given X off an X spend - knowing I wouldn't spend that much in the SM I've passed them on to others to use.
    Karmacat - I know a lot of caravanners and boaters use folding bikes - might be worth a look on one of their websites?
    DH was supposed to be going out for a ride today with some friends but its cold and raining so he's decided not to go - he'd only have to clean all the chrome after lol!! Told me he didn't want to spend the day cleaning his bike - hmm so I luuurve spending my day cleaning the house then?? not! Having said that the downstairs needs a dust and then I'll make DS1 his curtain and kondo a job out of the way & then decide what we're having for dinner tomorrow depending on what I've put in the freezer ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    We are getting the old, carpy bathroom fan kondoed today.

I am hoping that I have time to drop off the two bags to a charity shop before I go out. I will have a last scout around looking for other stuff to go out too.
  • Fen1
    Options
    Cycle to work scheme:
    https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk

Might be of use to someone?

Does anyone use OLIO? It used to be App only, but is now on desktop as well.
    Pretty much all the offers I see on it are miles away in the Big Smoke. Hasn't really caught on in the shires yet.
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    I have been looking for folding bikes as well and only want occasional use and do not need to lift or carry them
    You can get them second hand on ebay local for around the £50 mark or there are some brand new ones on the main site for £99
    I have heard that the larger the wheels the comfier the ride so I am keeping my eye out for a nice one.

As for the vouchers I once went down an entire checkout queue in M&S as I had a large number of those friends and family 10% vouchers off. Some thanked me and others looked at me as if I was mad :rotfl:
  • Fen1
    Options
    If you are looking for free water refills when out and about, there is a free App via:

https://www.citytosea.org.uk

I almost always carry a reusable water bottle with me, so this is really useful. Does anyone have those roll-down water pouches? They always look really handy to put in my handbag, but how do you keep them sterile? I like my water bottles as I can put them in the dishwasher, but I doubt you can do that with a pouch!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have dragged some cardboard boxes into the hall to flatten and put into recycling on Tuesday and am looking out a few items of clothing to go into a charity bag on Monday.

GQ

By being minimalist each item is a much bigger percentage of what you have and is even more important so don't feel bad about regretting the theft.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 6:43PM
    Options
    Dh this morning told me with glee: “I’m going to test them all!” about the hotel size shower gel bottles :D Victory, because he was annoyed last time I brought home a bagful of similar bottles.

Eta: last time was 2 years ago, and I have no idea why he was annoyed.
    My use of ‘glee’ seems to cause confusion. He sounded really happy, joyful, no sign of sarcasm or annoyance.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Fen1
    Options
    Siebrie: immediately decant the little bottles into one big bottle. He'll never know!!!!
  • Fen1
    Options
    Actually, I have to ask, why was he annoyed with the little bottles? Surely it's moneysaving and slightly better for the environment for you to take them home? Most hotels throw away toiletries, even unopened packets, every day. It's crazy that unopened packets are automatically binned.
    I can understand not wanting to use somebody else's ripped open sachet of shampoo, but an unopened packet????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure