PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• flubberyzing
    Options
    Morning gang!

My breakfast is a Waitrose coffee... Oh dear!
    For lunch I might just toast and butter the remaining 2 mini naans from last night. Don't want to waste them.
    Dinner is pizza.

Weekend food for me is very often a freezer jobby! I love to cook, but there is something about just whacking something in the oven that appeals on the weekend!

Plan for today is to catch up on some telly from the week. I'm behind on Bake Off, and I'll see if Supervet is on.
    I also received my letter from Boots about booking a flu jab. 10% off if you book before 11th September. Worth doing if you know you're going to get one, and don't qualify for the NHS freebie.

Have a good day all!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Glad you had a good evening with friend fubberyzing:).
    Pie and chips weather here too Farway ;)
    I will need to wash the floors today as I have managed to slosh tea over them en route to bed last night. :o

I've a scotch egg for lunch which I'll have with salad & pickles. Tonight will be something from the feeezer or I might throw together a naan bread pizza. I think today might be bramble vodka making day:D
  • caronc
    Options
    Floors are mopped and bramble vodka underway - time for a cuppa:D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had chips/beans/cheese yesterday evening - not because I needed it, but because I fancied something. Then I had the last 3 choccies in the bag.

Today I started with a cooked breakfast of sausages, scrambled eggs, hash browns and beans .... then I had a packet of crisps.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Two weeks has gone quickly, although I had a good time I will admit to being glad to be home :) I travelled back up to Dorset yesterday and then left just after 6am this morning for the final 3 hours of driving. My right knee complained about the driving yesterday, so I dosed up on painkillers for today, luckily it was a good trip other than heavy traffic around Chichester due to the Goodwood Revival but most of that was going the other way :) My sister and nephew arrived as I got home and the mini traitor I live with ignored me and sat on my nephews knee :cool: only talking to me once they left, I reminded him that I was now back in charge of feeding him :rotfl:

I need to go food shopping but I'm ignoring it in the hope the fridge will magically fill with fresh fruit and veg :D I've found a couple crumpets in the freezer for lunch and my sister took pity on me so I'm going there for a roast dinner tonight :D
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,290 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 8 September 2018 at 1:50PM
    Options
    No doubt due to up early, mid morning munchies of toast & marmalade with my cuppa

Lunch was fridge raid, scoffed YS mini pizza LO from yesterday's mooch.
    Then apple, then slice of bread & choc spread, then a choc ice:o

Dinner now decided, I've taken a breaded cod fillet out to defrost, I'll have that with frozen chips & maybe nuke some frozen peas

Nice & warm in the conservatory, but found I was dropping asleep reading, think I'll watch one of the films I've stored up on the PVR, after I've caught up with Gardeners' World.
    Too cold & windy to even think about hands on gardening today

PS, welcome back Brambling, I know the Chichester traffic can be a nightmare with Goodwood festivals, I once spent a good couple of hours on the bypass
    Freezer crumpets are the life savers of CFO
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    Welcome back Bramling. Glad you had a good trip!
    Long drives can be a killer. Back in July I had to do 3.5 hours, Kettering to Ebbw Vale (Wales) for a family wedding. It rained a good amount of the way and the sat-nav took me some strange routes to avoid hold-ups!! By the time I arrived at the hotel my legs were dead! Not to be recommended!

Managed to hurt myself earlier... Needed a couple of new batteries for the TV remote... I keep them in the bottom drawer in the kitchen, which is a bit of a dodgy drawer... Pulled it with a bit too much vigor and the whole thing fell out and a sharp edge landed on my shoeless foot!! May have said a swear word!!

No permanent damage fortunately. A bit swollen and tender, and there'll be a juicy bruise over the next few days! Another excuse (not that I needed one!) to put my feet up and watch more telly!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ouch Flubberyzing will it need a bag of frozen peas?

I use to do the journey in one go with a break half way but it's 5 hours of driving on a good day and I find it a bit too much driving for me. I dislike driving :cool: and swear never again after every trip to Cornwall, I go with one of my sisters and she doesn't drive.

Still haven't been shopping yet, will be have to be a chore for tomorrow now :o as I have no fresh food in :(
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

Welcome back Brambling, after all that driving you'll be glad to be in your own bed tonight:).
    Ouch flubberyzing that sounds painful definitely a good excuse to put your feet up and watch telly;).
    After a miserable wet morning and early afternoon the sun came out so I abandoned plans to iron and headed to the garden. That's the bottom of the flower garden all ready for winter apart from two pots of begonias which are still going strong.:) The forecast isn't great for a the next few days but if it's dry I'll make a start on potting up Spring bulbs. Looks as though there are a good few runners ready so I'll have a proper investigate tomorrow. :)

The season is definitely changing and it is getting quite chilly now. Earlier today I packed my shorts, cropped trousers and strappy tops away until next year:(. If we get a late heatwave (doubt it) I can hoick them back out - it certainly reduced the ironing pile.:rotfl:
    After Farway mentioning them the other day I had a real notion for a gammon steak so one has been defrosted for tonight. Not had one for ages and happily I had pineapple in the cupboard:D.

Marrowfat peas are soaking and some cooking bacon & ham stock are defrosting in the fridge to make soup tomorrow for lunches during the week and/or a freezer stash. I do love HM thick pea & ham soup ( and for those old enough to remember- there's not a chicken in sight:rotfl::rotfl:).
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I ended up getting an indian takeaway - as the one I'd had last week was passable. And, to pile on the "piggy factor" I also ordered a naan bread with it :0

Hang the expense eh. Spent £9.25.

And then..... I ate THE LOT. All of it, the whole lot, the rice, the curry, the naan.

Then I couldn't move...... and then I nodded off .... and have just woken up, which is why I'm here/posting :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback