PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    :j Hi

B: Choc bisc -:eek:
    L: Ham sandwich
    T/S/D: Burger ...:eek::o Think all the talk of burgers on teh thread lately made me really fancy one.

:D

Really must try to do better, Off to London and back tomorrow so will be a long day, probably full of more choc bisc's and sandwiches.

Lots in the cupboards and freezer to eat up this week so will make for some interesting meals i think.

Hope all are well :A
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Think all the talk of burgers on teh thread lately made me really fancy one.

:D
    This thread is guilty of that , crumpet anyone? ;):rotfl::rotfl:
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 26 March 2018 at 7:26AM
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    My "dress code" for the garden is "don't scare the weans (kids)" as long as the essentials are covered I don't care what it is I'm wearing......:cool:

You can guess what my dress code might be from the fact I lived/worked briefly in Scandinavia in my early 20s - now that was a revelation of itself to a shy young British woman:rotfl:. I think I'd about figured out who should (or neednt) be wearing what by the time I came back here.

EDIT; Just peered out the window weather-checking. Think it's going to be spring here today again. I reckon I've just about worked out the signs of how to tell re what the weather will be like here by now?? With any luck indoor catch-up jobs might be basically due to "go on hold" until next winter (bar some deep cleaning if I get any "visitors from elsewhere" - as one sometimes does in this part of the country).
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 March 2018 at 8:07AM
    Options

I have an ancient IKEA blue bag that I use for moving things like laundry between places.:cool:
    Owing to my ancient cottage just having stone age facilities I am reliant on the launderette and use 3 big blue Ikea bags. But in my last house I also used Ikea bags (different ones!) for growing runner beans on the patio. I used 2 bags together, side by side. Put in drainage holes, fill with compost/soil and erect a cane wigwam over the two. It worked a treat. :T
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Caronc, I am trying to keep track of food spending ,I'm writing it on my calendar then adding up the month. Thought I was doing ok this month.:(
    The dgson has had hot x buns warmed for breakfast, they smelled good so I ve had 2 fruit bread toasted gfree of course. Lovely for a change.
    We had sponge puds with custard after the chicken yesterday, so I've got custard to use up now.
    My garden has slugs!! Not good with growing crops.
    I've done tomatoes and peppers and courgettes in the conservatory before, but they really weren't worth the effort. I may pick up a new chilli plant though, I used to over winter them but had so many one year I've only just used them all. I tend to dry them, not tried freezing, may try that.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Later yesterday evening I ended up doing a simple burger (no onions), with cheese (not grated) ... in a bread roll (not toasted).

Not as good as if I'd actually made the effort to go out/buy onions and slice them and cook them and grate cheese and toast the bread roll, but a very tasty burger in any case.

In other news: tooth broke/enamel dropped off....so it's expensive dentist time for me. Not sure where that money's coming from, but I have to go and worry about that bit later.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I always try and have spare resusable bags on me when I go out.

I can't remember who mentioned it on here, but I've never heard of a Waitrose wine bar.:)

I've just had a banana so far today.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    oh my goodness PN, not another expense for you, march has been a nightmare

It is going to be a lovely day here, reached 15.6 here, no garden work to do, except to lug bags of garden waste, soil, up lots of outdoor steps, have areas to deposit them, no need to drive to the tip. 70 year old hip and lower back aches in the middle of the night but I rearranged my pillows so I could sleep on a slope, on my back and only a tiny twinge left, which should go today. For gardeners with heavy clay hoeing, I have ordered another sack of buckwheat hulls, to put on areas I left in maiden state ie clay and lots of baby weeds. The areas I had already dumped hulls on, they were a doddle to hoe, made it light and easy. The maiden areas were hard going, soon to be remedied

Food, I fancied a cooked breakfast, one sausage one small piece of bacon, 4 small tomatoes and one egg. Just ate it with a cafetiere of coffee. I know that will keep me full until lunch so no mid morn eats. Lunch a veg stir fry of kale/brocolli/garlic/fennel/soya beans/aminos. I will make a veg juice later carrot/celery/beet/lemon/small ginger. 9 today plus my berry/apple crumble and hm yogurt. 11 today. It is hard conscious eating to eat 5, takes effort

Last meal, no idea but will def be light. I was so tired yesterday, nodded off in the chair at 7, went up at 9.45, very dozey, slept to 6.30, woke temporarily at 3 with hip aches. It was the outdoor allotment 3 hours yesterday, I forgot how being in the sun in the morning can switch my sleep clock on
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,233 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    A lovely Spring day here, just popped in to catch up. Change of plans due to sun today & rain forecast later in week, thus today is "getting the pruning finished before it is too late day"

I've got stuff in so mooching around shops can wait for a wet day

Porridge, HM yoghurt + FMS for breakfast
    Lunch another cheese salady sarnie
    Dinner, frozen YS L's chilli con carne out defrosting on the metal sink drainer. I noticed that my stache of frozen CBA rm has nearly vanished, hoping L's may provide YS top ups tomorrow

PN, oh my with the dentist, even NHS will be expensive for that one. Maybe time to become eccentric toothless old crone with odd socks wandering the village and cussing:D:D
    Gardener's amongst us - what are you growing this year?
    Tried sage last year which did nothing so might have another bash. My parsley was pathetic so not doing it again.

My sage died last year, had it for years, it came from 4sda as a YS living herb, about 80p. I'm on the search for another every time I'm in there

Garden this year is runners, less than last year, toms, currently on the window sill, maybe cucumber and courgette. I don't grow greens or lettuce, slugs and space stop that, but I have gone upwards with cultivated blackberries.

And I saw on GW that you can eat day lily flowers, I've got them, never know I could have a flower salad, them, nasturtiums, marigolds, rose petals
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PN I feel for you. Hate going to the dentist, plus this year so far has been a financial nightmare. It seems that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, and the MOT is looming so that will be more expense even if it sails through.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback