PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gardener's amongst us - what are you growing this year?
    I'm still deciding but definitely tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers,broad beans, peas,french beans and runner beans. Some salady bits such as radish, mustard leaf, baby leaf/rocket and a few chard. Not doing watercress, lettuce or chillies. The watercress went from 0-90 last year and bolted before I could use it (same with lettuce) and I've loads of dried and frozen chillies. Rosemary, thyme, mint seemed to have survived but my chives are past their best so need to restart them. I'll buy a SM basil and pot it on. Tried sage last year which did nothing so might have another bash. My parsley was pathetic so not doing it again.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Lasagne , the gift that keeps on giving:rotfl::rotfl:

If it had meat in I could [STRIKE]offload[/STRIKE] share it with my sister and nephew but they're not so keen on the vegetable one especially as it contains aubergine :eek: I don't need a crystal ball to see a lot of lasagna in my future.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Brambling
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Gardener's amongst us - what are you growing this year?.

I'm looking to grow tomatoes, courgettes, runner beans and french beans, turnips, carrots and beetroot I don't grow lettuce as such but I do grow lots of salad leaves, spinach, chard, kale and pak choi which I pick raw with the beetroot and turnip leaves for lunch my neighbour chooses to ignor me when I'm out in the garden in my dressing grown picking leaves before work :eek: I have a basic herb garden and sow parsley for the summer in a pot with garlic chives

I couldn't grow peas I think mice were eating the seeds and y broad beans always got rust.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's not just Scandi it's other European too - the actors look like real people, their hair gets messed up and their clothes aren't perfect either.
  • caronc
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    I'm looking to grow tomatoes, courgettes, runner beans and french beans, turnips, carrots and beetroot I don't grow lettuce as such but I do grow lots of salad leaves, spinach, chard, kale and pak choi which I pick raw with the beetroot and turnip leaves for lunch my neighbour chooses to ignor me when I'm out in the garden in my dressing grown picking leaves before work :eek: I have a basic herb garden and sow parsley for the summer in a pot with garlic chives

I couldn't grow peas I think mice were eating the seeds and y broad beans always got rust.
    Sounds like a good selection, I'm all in pots/tubs so find root veg & brassicas don't do well. It's hard to beat picking fresh what you need for that day- roll on Summer:D
    bouicca21 wrote: »
    It's not just Scandi it's other European too - the actors look like real people, their hair gets messed up and their clothes aren't perfect either.
    Absolutely, the cast look like folk you might meet on the street and the working environment looks like a "real place". :D
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 25 March 2018 at 9:23PM
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »

Spent the afternoon in town with my sister we went for a quick look which turned to lunch (Waitrose wine bar) and a little bit of shopping ;)

I'll pretend to myself I didn't read the bit of that that goes "Waitrose wine bar":whistle: - so I don't feel jealous:rotfl:

Didnt know there was such a concept - but am (was....) familiar with a Waitrose cafe:(

....and...yep...picking vegetables out of the garden in dressing gown is absolutely fine and the neighbours should just be grateful if one actually has any clothes on at all whilst doing so....ahem...in my humble opinion of course..ahem..
  • caronc
    Options
    ....and...yep...picking vegetables out of the garden in dressing gown is absolutely fine and the neighbours should just be grateful if one actually has any clothes on at all whilst doing so....ahem...in my humble opinion of course..ahem..
    Or a least knickers that are covering what they should and not too big :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Don't tempt me Caron.....:rotfl:. It took them a while to "become oblivious" to me walking round my garden in my dressing gown sometimes ......
  • caronc
    Options
    My "dress code" for the garden is "don't scare the weans (kids)" as long as the essentials are covered I don't care what it is I'm wearing......:cool:
  • Brambling
    Options

Didnt know there was such a concept - but am (was....) familiar with a Waitrose cafe:(

Maybe the Waitrose wine bar is a southern thing I don't ask questions just enjoy

Neighbours either side are mid seventies and mid eighties I wouldn't want to be responsible for any heart attacks I'm a well build lady I could also give myself a black eye :rotfl: the last time the 85 year old needed a ambulance it also involved some very nice fireman to break down the door.

BBC4 on a Saturday night are good for European tv although I'm not sure on the Italian crime shows
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback