Earthgirl's Final Battle

Options

Comments

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks beanie and yes it's still ok with boss and looking forward to second job. I've applied to do some lunch club work in the first week of Easter which I get about £25 net per day so fingers crossed I'll get 3 or 4 days work.

All ok here and no snow yet!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,364 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lunch club work sounds good too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,903 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad things are okay with the boss... long may it continue!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• WannabeFree
    Options
    Second the others re boss.

All sounding much more positive :)

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Good news. Are you doing exam marking?
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 28 February 2018 at 9:23PM
    Options
    No exam to exam marking. Going to do lunch clubs, have students to stay and teach, lodger and do tutoring and esl teaching. That should bring in enough to pay of the mortgage in 2018 and give us some treats. I bought two bikinis today (only going to keep one but I love them!)

I've been experimenting with a new morning and evening routine and feel much more organised and seem to achieve more.

Still not quite nailed the evening routine to get rid of all of my thoughts - particularly about cases at work - which seem to surface at bed time. Matte need to research how social workers deal with hard cases and let go...

In frugal wins- got a passport picture via an app and printed for 15p. The photo shop we're going to charge me £9.99.

So I have a passport and s bikini. (Or two). Just need to earn enough for a holiday now ;)
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,364 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bargain passport pictures :)
    Happy new bikini :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    earthgirl wrote: »

So I have a passport and s bikini. (Or two). Just need to earn enough for a holiday now ;)

Would it help if I told you I'd just confessed to buying four?:o:rotfl:

Ironic really given the weather:eek::rotfl:

Happy (soon to be paid for) holibobs to you :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day EG

Hope the weather isn't too horrid

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We had only one snow day here (Thursday) and it's not been too bad really. Some shortages in shops but we are ok for food I think.

We were going to visit a relatives and all go out for tea but we didn't make it due to the weather. We had to take PIL out for a meal here instead and really there was no other option but to pay for it all and take our kids as well so £50 plus a £20 voucher spent. We probably would have spent more than that anyway, we had a nice time and all enjoyed it. I saved money by only having a starter. Also a great trick I'm going to remember! last minute birthday night out meant I grabbed a chocolate cake from Lidll (under £2) and we sang happy birthday in the restaurant and had this for dessert :)

I also got to call in and see some friends afterwards too, so a pretty good result really although I didn't get to bed till 1am.

Today I had a minor mishap with teaching online (the company's fault I feel but I will still lose a little pay, I've tried to query it). I haven't had much sleep maybe about 4 hours but I'm determined not to nap and just get an early night later.

Today I plan to swap library books, Collect a prescription (pesky back pain has returned) and then a community event later with food! Bath night, reading and bed for us all!!

Money news:
    £1087 from student loan arrived yippee!

Trying to eat Less carbs, more protein and no sugar, partly to stop hunger and partly because I can't exercise due to back pain. Finding it expensive though so I'm thinking about how to cut costs here. Was over budget on food by £15 although thought I was away so this is extras to had to buy :(

All presents for March bought and cards bought some still to be made. £50 spent on meal, £25 spent on gift (the rest I had vouchers for)

Next weekend promises to be expensive :( meal out on Sunday at least £30 per head and kids coming too, plus drinks. Not really sure how I can save here.

Progress not Perfection
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure