PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cheicken steaks grilled with a rub of some sort, and some kind of veg.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Ended up with a takeaway last night - hubby’s treat :)

Tonight braised pork chops in a cider and cream sauce with LO spiced red cabbage from freezer stash, mash for the men, Cauliflower for me.

Also making stock from the turkey bones I popped in the freezer, turkey and sweet corn soup for weeks lunches

And will make some chocolate ‘salami’ to take into work which will use up the LO chocolate, sweets and biscuits from Christmas
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • We'll be having hm veg soup for lunch and tonight I'll be making Hairy Bikers Chicken Jalfrezi, which we'll have with pilau rice.

https://www.hairybikersdietclub.com/recipes-tips/recipes/hairy-bikers-chicken-jalfrezi/
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Meeting friends day today so quick'n'easy.

Doing a YS pepperoni pizza that I'll pimp up with extra cheese and add mushrooms, onions, red pepper, herbs, chorizo and black olives.
  • MrsPear
    MrsPear Posts: 55 Forumite
    Been baking this morning - banana and chocolate chip muffins. Mary berry recipe although my lot prefer them without the extra chocolate on top.

Lunch will cheese and ham with part bake bread.

Dinner - eldest asked for Chinese. As money is tight it will be home made / cooked. So I’m doing chicken in batter with sweet and sour sauce, egg fried rice - using leftovers from last night, vegetable spring rolls and crackers. The last two are cheats.
    Gc challenge £363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Had pans with OH to go out for a lunch / early dinner today but we're both quite happy mooching about the house instead so tonight I think is going to be fish n chips (from the freezer) i will have mine with peas and he will prob have beans.

If is known we weren't going out I would have prob got a few bits out of the freezer to batch cook something but never mind, might do that tomorrow. Thinking I'll use some of the diced beef I got RTC before Xmas to do S caserole, that way I can use the LO Xmas gravy and some cranberry sauce too (both also in the freezer)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Bit of a Mexican here, stuffed peppers, chicken fajitas, wraps, corn on the cob,onion rings, a few dips and some tortilla chips.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Easy dinner of fishcake, roast spuds, kale and peas
  • Made chickpea and mince curry big batch so I've got 3 portions to put in the freezer I'm meant to be running down
    Jan GC £57.26/£50
    Feb GC £17.06/£60
    Jan - Mar WLC 6/11
  • Chicken en croute with a jacket spud, green salad and asparagus.
    Made a quick peppercorn sauce with a dash of brandy, crushed peppercorns and some Crème fraîche - was delish 😋
    46,484 > 0(January):beer:

100%paid:D

Here is a purse of moneys... which I'm not going to give to you. :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family