MSE News: Flying Ryanair? It's about to change its hand luggage rules

Options
124»

Comments

• tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    convenient timing, just in time for the scrapping of card payment surcharges
  • frankennsteiny
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    The "small bag" size is ridiculously small - 35x20x20cm!! On short trips I usually take a 40x30x20cm bag and that easily fits under the seat in front. Never been taken off me to put in the hold on any budget airline.

On their website they say "Your small bag (e.g. handbag, laptop etc.) must not exceed 35x20x20cm and should easily fit under the seat in front of you." Unless you've got a tiny laptop it'll exceed those dimensions, are they really going to force people to put their laptops in the hold??

I can see this coat becoming popular ;) ***.thesun.co.uk/news/2868327/incredible-airport-coat-can-store-15kg-of-luggage-to-beat-ryanair-and-easyjet-carry-on-fees/[/URL]

MSE did a trial with a jacket a few years ago. A friend of mine got to try out one of the jackets and said that although a good idea walking around the airport with items like ipad etc in the pockets it really weighed her down and was so uncomfortable. Said it would be ok for things like towels and clothing items at a push but too bulky and and not for her.

Had to take out the www and replace with *** as not allowed to post links being a new user.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    MSE did a trial with a jacket a few years ago. A friend of mine got to try out one of the jackets and said that although a good idea walking around the airport with items like ipad etc in the pockets it really weighed her down and was so uncomfortable. Said it would be ok for things like towels and clothing items at a push but too bulky and and not for her.

Had to take out the www and replace with *** as not allowed to post links being a new user.
    I guess what's really needed is a "coat" that can convert into a bag, so you can carry it around like a bag most of the time and only "wear" it at the necessary moments ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure