New Post Advanced Search

Resident Parking

edited 8 January 2018 at 10:50PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
302 replies 20K views

Replies

• Coupon-mad, not surprised, more overjoyed been waiting for the chance to meet these in court, they have sent 4 claims, I have only looked at 2 and the first one was on council land.
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • issue date 07/11/18
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    21.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    markudman wrote: »
    issue date 07/11/18
    With a Claim Issue Date of 7th November, you have until Monday 26th November to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Having done the AoS, you then have until 4pm on Monday 10th December 2018 to file your Defence.

Over over a month away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as described here:

1) Print your Defence.
    2) Sign it and date it.
    3) Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    4) Send that pdf as an email attachment to [email protected]
    5) Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    6) Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    7) Wait for your Directions Questionnaire and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread to find out exactly what to do with it.

... they have sent 4 claims, I have only looked at 2 ...
    You say you have four claims. All issued on the same day?
    Why have you only looked at two?
  • I only looked at 2 because I had a brain injury, and quickly get Cognitive overloaded, so if I read them all at once I will not take any of it in, it was too much reading 2 LOL, tomorrow i will go though them in more detail. One thing i have noticed is that there is no PCN No. on them, no Reg of the cars, no details of anything, they did send me a LBC, but its for loads of different cars, most of them parked on Council Land.
  • I have done FOI to DVLA, and now got proof that they get my details without a good reason.that will be going into the defence
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    21.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    markudman wrote: »
    I have done FOI to DVLA, and now got proof that they get my details without a good reason.
    That's funny.

Care to elaborate?
  • Keith P, OK I have been given about 10 fake tickets by PCM for parking on Council land, This is not Private land, I done a freedom of information request from DVLA, for proof that they requested details without good reason, they know this is not private land, I have even given them a map from the council showing the boundaries, they have requested details for 4 of my cars, (I buy and sell the odd car) which where all parked it the same place, on council land
  • Heads hurting now, going to rest until tomorrow,
    Thank you all, for all your help
  • edited 9 November 2018 at 9:55AM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    48.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 November 2018 at 9:55AM
    Have you complained to the DVLC and ICO about being ticketed on a public road? There is no reason to wait until you get to court, and you may get something back from them that might help you in court.

You may want to put in a counterclaim now to stop the scammers withdrawing at the last minute, otherwise you would have to start a claim of your own after your court case has finished.
    With a counterclaim, you are guaranteed a day in court and you will only have to explain everything once to one judge.

See what others think.

By the way, I think you are doing a fab job. :T:T:T
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Thanks Fruit Cake, I am going to sent a compliant to both today, you are right, this would be great evidents to have in the court room, and love the counter claim bit, I really really want to see them in front of a Judge.

Many thanks
    Mark