IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Resident Parking

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    markudman wrote: »
    OK questions,
    one of the letters is addressed to my wife, and she is a Mr not a Mrs, can they put this down to a typo, or can i challenge it as unknown person?

As one of the fake ticket was on a adopted road, so have illegally got mine and my wife's details from DVLC, when I win in court will it make a better case with DVLA?

I really do want a day in court.

Typos like this are not worth bothering with.

Gladstones do not understand anything technical anyway ?
    Keep on with the councillor, of course you will win

Don't forget Gladstones MUST comply with the new
    protocol. Do not be tempted to use their web portal
    as they try to make you do this

LETTER BEFORE ACTION
    Gladstones MUST comply
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have spoken to both the council and the landlord and both are not interested

Escalate the complaint to the council and take it as far as the Local Government Ombudsman. Nothing like a LGO sanction to give the locals a heads-up prior to local elections.

If the council are allowed to ignore this, what else are they ignoring within the planning regime.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    For the ticket on an adopted road, the response should point out you are aware their client has ticketed on an adopted road, and you require the ticket is cancelled immedaitely. SHould they persist you reserve the right to counterclaim for a breach of the DPA, as they never had cause to obtain your details.
  • OK its been a while, I have finally got all the details PCM, Gladstones are going to use in court, I really cannot wait for to see if they proceed to court, I am biting at the bit, I also now have evidents of them regularly giving Fake tickets on the highway, and multiple DPA breaches.

I also confronted the fake parking parasite, and told her that it was highway and she pushed me out of the way to put a ticket on my sisters car, the police where called, but she fled the scene, and they are investigating, lets see what happens.

Also the landlord and councillor are aware of the incident.

I also have a meeting with The Cabinet member responsible for parking across the borough and housing.

I have a list of questions for him, but can you all tell me what question to ask in case I have not covered something.

as always many thanks to you all
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • Demand they refund anyone who has paid a ticket in this location.
    Ask that they refer it to trading standards to take action.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ask them to inform the DVLA about the public highway ticketing; they may listen to the council!
  • markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi, Today I got a Claim Form From Gladstones, In the County Court Business centre Northampton, 3 questions.
    1 Is this another one of there scams? it does not have a count stamp on it, from others that I have seen, it had the count stamp at the count it was issued, or am I wrong?
    2 Can i opt for my local Court?
    3 if it is real what is the next stage?
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    1. Unlikely that it's a 'scam'
    2. Yes
    3. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 - all the court issues from LBC to the actual hearing included there.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    If it has a claim number, and a password bottom right to log into MCOL to acknowledge it, then you have the usual claim everyone gets, as expected. No idea why you seem surprised, there are thousands of court claim threads and this is what happens in the end.
    Can i opt for my local Court?
    Of course, at DQ stage, as the NEWBIES thread tells you in post #2.
    if it is real what is the next stage?
    As above, read the NEWBIES thread 2nd post.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure