PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Age Concern in Worcester today: a pair of patterned M&S summer trousers £2.50; a White Stuff top : £2.75 and a king size duvet cover, Dunelm, still in packing £4.00
    Normal people worry me.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    One of the key things that sets humans apart from lower forms of life is the ability to organise ourselves and co-operate :)

Agree VfM4 - shame it doesn't extend to all of humanity though. Didn't see any of the wedding on Saturday so watching on catch-up - and critiquing all the hats and outfits - definitely the sublime to the ridiculous!! Haven't got as far as 'the dress' yet though ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Laredouter wrote: »
    Absolutely chuffed with today's purchase:

A khaki quilted country jacket by NW3 by Hobbs -£8.99. Very very happy with this as the lining is lovely (cream with little foxes, pheasants and other country paraphernalia) and it is in immaculate condition. I feel like a country lady

This ^^^^ sounds fab.
    I'd have fought you for it. :D
    Any idea of RRP?
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bought for a present. Black lacy 'jacket' Per Una. £1. I was robbed!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    Agree VfM4 - shame it doesn't extend to all of humanity though. Didn't see any of the wedding on Saturday so watching on catch-up - and critiquing all the hats and outfits - definitely the sublime to the ridiculous!! Haven't got as far as 'the dress' yet though ;)

I think this hat was the most fabulously stylish ever!
    And perfect with the dress.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/royal-fans-think-harry-williams-12564995

Such a beautiful woman.
  • silvasava
    Options
    Yes Polly - she looked so elegant. Shame Mrs Beckham never smiles DH says she's a face like a smacked bum!
    Did think there were some beautiful outfits - Lord Spencer's wife in the dark plum colour looked lovely too. I did see one woman in something that looked like the lounge curtains and nets - a sort of turquoise blue panne velvet with a gauzey white hem from the knees to the ankles - ah well,there's no accounting for taste as my mum used to say!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 May 2018 at 12:33PM
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I think this hat was the most fabulously stylish ever!
    And perfect with the dress.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/royal-fans-think-harry-williams-12564995

Such a beautiful woman.

I'm now obsessing about whether the florals go all the way round the frock...I would hate to think it was plain at the back :o She really is stunning...fortunately she didn't end up with the Spencer nose...tee hee! Is the woman in the leaf green frock with the trilby-like (!) black hat the ex-wife of Earl Spencer? She doesn't look very well poor thing.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,170 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Stourport and (randomly) Pershore today:

White Stuff t shirt with !!!8220;orange tree!!!8221; pattern

White Stuff sleeveless top, white with three bands across of different shades of blue fish (nicer than it sounds!!)

£4 each.
  • silvasava
    Options
    I thought the same Miro - yes,she's his ex wife (one of them?) Did feel for Meghan's mother - very elegant and dignified but I'm sure she'd have loved to have someone else to share the day with.
    I'm off on 10 days hols to Greece next week - what to pack - capsule wardrobe? I wish - its a skill Ive never mastered ;)
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    I thought the same Miro - yes,she's his ex wife (one of them?) Did feel for Meghan's mother - very elegant and dignified but I'm sure she'd have loved to have someone else to share the day with.
    I'm off on 10 days hols to Greece next week - what to pack - capsule wardrobe? I wish - its a skill Ive never mastered ;)

Ha...I'm currently packing too for 2 weeks in Croatia. Determined to take a smaller case this time as our Airbnb apartment is up 120 steps...just hope the blooming view is worth it!!

Had a final pre-packing squiz in the local chazzas this afty....not tempted by anything in the clothes line tho. The big Sue Ryder shop had more furniture donated by the Emmerdale production company. Would have loved to have purchased a beautiful 3 seater sofa, 2 armchairs and a footstool in shades of gold and russet, all for about £130 and as new. One armchair and footstool was covered in a diamond textured pattern and the sofa and other armchair had the same diamond pattern but with groups of abstract flowers as well. Think it used to be in the big house of those people who got killed orft in a car crash recently. Sadly...just got no room!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure