PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Laredouter
    Options
    Haven't been going into the charity shops much recently, but I was donating some of last year's books and came across a khaki Fat Face Sussex jacket for £3.99 in Banardos. It's fairly old as it has the old logo on it, but the condition seems new. I absolutely adore it.
  • bellajack
    bellajack Posts: 332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I have scarf envy.:(

Thank you! Wish I could add a photo but not sure how to do that.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,766 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bellajack wrote: »
    Thank you! Wish I could add a photo but not sure how to do that.

You need to use a photo hosting site such as tinypic then copy the URL across.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • bellajack
    bellajack Posts: 332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    You need to use a photo hosting site such as tinypic then copy the URL across.

Thanks - will investigate! Love the Julian of Norwich quote btw. Amazing woman!
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    I popped into the local cs today which financially was a mistake but I got two lovely things. The first was a mint velvet tunic made of silk with a silk jersey back. It's immaculate but was quite expensive at £9.99
    I also got a lovely pair of interlined curtains that are 90 inches long for £6.99 so not the cheapest shop but I think it's a couple of bargains
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    I popped into the local cs today which financially was a mistake but I got two lovely things. The first was a mint velvet tunic made of silk with a silk jersey back. It's immaculate but was quite expensive at £9.99
    I also got a lovely pair of interlined curtains that are 90 inches long for £6.99 so not the cheapest shop but I think it's a couple of bargains
    It's quite an expensive brand though - and if it's silk too - and you like it...:)
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,908 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just back from Otley where, in the Age UK £1 shop, I found a Laura Ashley dress. Fitted stylee in black heavy cotton sateen fabric with a small white pattern with a little stretch in the fabric and with that lovely satin lining rather than the dull cheap stuff. Knee length and looks unworn. Just tried it on and it fits perfectly, (couldn't be bothered trying it on in the shop due to the copious layers of clothing being worn today - still freezing cold here!). I love the dress but fear it is going to give me nightmares!:eek: Why??? Because the front is made in three panels with two seams...and....one of the seams has the pattern matching BUT THE OTHER DOES NOT.....aaarrgghh! I can only think that it was sold as imperfect, (does L.A. do that?). I did notice it in the shop but couldn't resist as it seemed such a bargain. :o Perhaps if I wore some very dark sunnies with it I might not notice as much....?

Will try and attach a photy so you can see what I am waffling on about...would the fault bother you??

ixe4k4.jpg

Oh piffle...sorry it's a bit hard to see....the mismatched seam is on the right hand side of the skirt when facing piccy.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry Miro - yup - can see it :( - TBH it would irritate me too - any chance you can unpick the seam and 'juggle' it a bit??
    Took two bags into the CS today - one of ragging and the other of odds & sods. Looked in a couple of CS but nothing grabbed me although I did see a lovely soft long cardigan thingy in a silver grey (forgot the make but it was a good one) Hummed a bit and realised I'd probably never wear it so I left it for someone else ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I can see it too, Miro.
    But would you notice it when you're wearing it?
    If you don't spend all evening with your head bent, perhaps not. ;)

Some of us on here are hyper-critical of pattern matching but if you could ignore it, I doubt many people would notice (unless you happen to bump into silvasaver and me that is :D).

If you really like it, I'd give it a go.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just keep moving Miro - nobody will notice then - not even Polly or me ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure