Swagbucking into 2018

Options

Comments

• Super_Trouper
    Options
    I've noticed that what they seem to be cutting are the 'passive' Swagbucks - if you want to earn more now you have to actually do something for it, like watch video's, do surveys, or actually buy something
    It's the videos and surveys they've been skimming and reducing payments on. There's posts on here pretty regularly detailing how much they've sliced off and when, they keep lowering them gradually. But generally I agree with you, it's still worth doing for me, so I still do - when the effort to payout ratio dips lower than I'd like, I'll be off - that line is different for everyone though.

antrobus wrote: »
    I don't think you have the slightest idea of what you are on an about.
    Charming.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 September 2018 at 11:44PM
    Options
    I'm personally happy to keep using Swagbucks, and would still recommend it, even if the amount you can earn has been cut.

I've noticed that what they seem to be cutting are the 'passive' Swagbucks - if you want to earn more now you have to actually do something for it, like watch video's, do surveys, or actually buy something.

Obviously it's not great for us, but from a business point of view I can see their point. I do a few different survey sites, and none of those actually give any points for doing nothing other than a click or two. Swagbucks is still the only survey site I can consistently earn something on every day, and it does all add up!

Swagbucks is not a survey site, they generally just host surveys (for a large slice of the payouts) for other sites along with all sorts of affiliate type things from cashback to showing advertising etc.

The basic peanutlabs surveys previously paid about 34% more than they do now (was 39 now only 29 SB) and the £1 for 5 mins the better sites pay (equivalent of 32 SB a minute) is often 10 times or more the payment offered by swagbucks - I would rather just complete a survey for £1 elsewhere than complete the same survey for 10p and have the chance to earn 5p through a few more clicks (obviously the way to go is complete the survey elsewhere for the £1 and use swagbucks for the "clicks").

Like multi-level-marketing there is an incentive for people to recommend the site and to keep the people who they have referred to continue to use the site.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Question if I may.
    The watch videos seem my biggest income for least effort, but I only have a computer and IOS (I think Watch is an Android app only)

So on a PC, Chrome or Firefox seem to both get randomly stuck when I kick off what should be an hour or 2 worth of vids.

I am on Windows 7 having blocked Microsoft upgrades because as everyone knows Windows 10 is carp.

Thanks in advance
  • unicorndeva
    Options
    8 SB for searching 'Crowdology'
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MMMoff wrote: »
    Question if I may.
    The watch videos seem my biggest income for least effort, but I only have a computer and IOS (I think Watch is an Android app only)

So on a PC, Chrome or Firefox seem to both get randomly stuck when I kick off what should be an hour or 2 worth of vids.

I am on Windows 7 having blocked Microsoft upgrades because as everyone knows Windows 10 is carp.

Thanks in advance
    Watch occasionally runs itself right through without effort, usually it's necessary to nurse it as at the moment.
  • silverfairy
    Options
    **Swag Code Alert! Click the link below to find your Stealth Swag Code. Remember, this is a one-time use only unique Swag Code that cannot be shared. Enter it in the SwagButton or Mobile App by 7PM BST to earn 2SB**

http://www.swagbucks.com/g/l/5eforr
  • mjm3346
    Options
    In case anyone else forgot today is the monthly iSpy Tuesday

(cannot believe the first code was still working over 4 mins in)

https://twitter.com/swagbucks

(they are probably the only codes left that still use the Swag Code box)
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning.
    Just got offered two surveys of 10 mins from the 'high paying' tickbox, one for 500sb the other for 400sb, Apparently I have completed both already.

My memory must be getting really bad..:rotfl:
  • Lost2
    Lost2 Posts: 15,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    instant 35sb on mens clothes
    Sealed Pot Number 018 🎄2009..£950.50 🎄2010..£256 🎄 2011..£526 🎄2012..£548.80 🎄2013...£758.88🎄2014...£510 🎄2015...£604.78 🎄2016...£704.50 🎄2017...£475 🎄2018...£1979.12 🎄2019...£408.88🎄2020...£1200.63...🎄2021…£588 🎄2022 £672… 🎄2023 £3,783.90 🎄2024…£
  • mjm3346
    Options
    To Do bonuses 2 and 5

(still not got the average for the first up to 3)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure