PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

£365 a year challenge

Options

Comments

• ma-ri-ella
    Options
    Day 1 of lent but day 3 of not buying . I did take advantage of the free pizza though - was quite yummy but came with hassle of daring to use a voucher in my local asda.. I must admit might have bought stuff if the reduced section looked good but there was only really reduced bakery items - i defo don't need those!
    so working next 3 days so breakfast each day will be different flavours of porridge . i have pasta made up for next 2 days lunches and there are baked tatties in fridge for next 2 nights dinner - beans ,cheese or tuna. Snack wise i have plenty of crisps (2p a packet) or protein bars,rice cakes etc), Kinda meal planned into next week as well but will see how the weekend goes - i have problems saying no to yellow stickers :P Next week i plan to use up quite a bit of freezer items- i don't actually stockpile those that much or have that big a freezer space. Then i need to work on tins and cereal. There isn't as much overtime at work so if i need to eat cereal for 2 meals a day then that's the case . A few things like porridge oats i can get away with not using milk so might focus on them
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorted out some more of my food stores and won't need my second shop of the month until next Tuesday at least so I am very pleased with how its going.Luckily I have had several dinners out so not had to use a great deal at home Tonight's meal is a veggie curry from my freezer made before Christmas with lots of bendy veg :) great way to use it up if not making soup with it. Still wading through the Christmas pantone :) I found that slicing a bit at a time off and using custard to top it is fine I have also used a bit in a jelly to make trifle with. Blooming thing was enormous though,yet as the top has a wire seal its kept soft and fresh with no problem at all. Frugal February marches onwards :):):)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Got home late from DDs last night so I had an omelette instead so tonight's meal will be the veggie curry I didn't eat last night :)

very pleased with how cutting back on shopping is keeping my budget on track, plus I am using up some of the food mountain indoors :):):)
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    total for year now £84.97
    spent 3.99 yesterday
    3.87 was on dinner - Chinese meal. salted caramel brownie with custard and a cheap bottle lambrini - in the past i would spend more on a takeaway and still want a pudding/bottle of wine
    the other 12p was on bread for upcoming week and a pack of doughnuts. Still quite happy considering ive been including everything in my spending (not set bills like rent /utilities tho )
    So this is one of my 6 spend days used up. Down to about 5 litres of milk eek.

Watching extreme couponers well jelous :P
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    2 spend day used up - 6.53 spent at work after discount including

2xbiscuit boxes were £3 down to £1.50 - £1.35 after discount. One will do part of mothers day present lol if i keep away from it

special k 750g was £3 now 30p!! x2 (27p after discount)
    stir fry 13p x2 -serves 4
    steak was £6.98 now 22p etc

Really don't know what my obsession with cereal is - could eat it every meal lol. Have a few freezer things i need to figure out what t do with
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Small piece of gammon cooked and five portions wrapped in cling film and in the freezer and the other portion I had with two poached eggs on top and a few mushrooms for dinner last night
    So six building blocks for meals made from a £2.45 piece of gammon from Aldi's. very happy with that

Tonight it will be a piece of chicken from the freezer cooked in foil in my remoska with mash from the freezer and the end bit of my sweetheart cabbage from the fridge.

Juggled my meal menu a bit this week for variety but happy that I need no more shopping this month .

February's totals are £30.49

Combined totals for this year Jan -Feb are £59.71 for combined days 59

Just a fraction over the pound per day, but I am quite pleased with that

Onward to March :):):)

JackieO xx
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    Doing quite well with the spends - 1.40 to add for frozen fruit etc but that's not too bad
    menu plans done uo to the end of next week, only spends i might have are milk

made quite a few items out of cupboard and freezer :P
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    because of the heavy snow where I live in Kent I have no choice but to stay indoors for the next few days ,luckily I have more than enough stuff to eat from my stores so I won't starve Definitely no more shopping for me until the white stuff has gone :):):) I use a stick to walk with and tumbling around on icy surfaces is just plain daft, and at my age my bone will break more easily. The NHS has more than enough to cope with without silly old women breaking their hips :):):)
  • ma-ri-ella
    ma-ri-ella Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    Had a few unplanned spends - its too wet/windy/icy to make the trip home for lunch so have been eating out canteen - least its quite cheap
    Also done quite well for super cheap fruit and veg /salads so my freezer is quite full of healthy stuff - i just don't have a lot of "nibbles" if you get what i mean

Bargains from the other day
    3x mango @5p each
    2x rainbow salad bowls @5p each
    2x baked tattes (2 in pack) 6p each

The on;y thing planned for this week is a sandwich tin to make quiche
    flour/cheese for quiche - my reason for this is i have 10 eggs needing used up and 2 packets of bacon

Mondays meal plan
    breakfast - porridge - 6p
    lunch (at work) cut up mango with some other fruit out freezer approx. 10p
    tea - last of hm soup from last week .last of cous cous/quorn dish . last of jelly puddings . soup mix was 22p and split into 3. s0 7p. cous cous was 5p and split into 3. 1/3 packet quorn was 30p ==55p?== jelly was an extra in an asda delivery

Off Tuesday so will probably meal plan then . Friend coming over for dinner aswell so i don't always like to force yellow stickers on them
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 March 2018 at 10:23AM
    Options
    Good morning ,well as I have been marooned at home for a week I have been living from my store cupboards and they still seem to be full :) nothing needed so far this month but probably by the end of the week perhaps I may need a small shop.I have done quite a bit of baking so the tins are pretty full. At the moment on my shopping list is only flour kitchen roll and mushroom, which I can streetch the existing stocks to for a bit longer I think.

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport