New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Travelling On

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
4.7K replies 239.7K views

Replies

• KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :wave:Morning all

Yep, here I am :D

Yet more brambles and bramble roots consigned to the bin yesterday, hurray. Plus some scanning-to-declutter. They were the only extras I did after posting yesterday.

This morning, I'm giving the house a good airing. My sister's coming along so we can check out the details of The Sun's holiday offer - I've been meaning to buy the thing too, but I haven't got round to it, maybe one is enough, since I've never done it before :p

And there's sunshine :j definitely going to get some outside time :j
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...And there's sunshine :j definitely going to get some outside time :j

Soooooo envious of your sunshine - we have grey skies and a chill in the air! - Definately at home & under the blanket on the sofa weather!
    3.5 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Working hard to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi sweetie :hello:

I'm still not outside yet, but it's still sunny. Off in the next ten minutes :)
    Retired August 2016
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today:

- SB, just about - it took a lot of faffing, while I was doing something else, but it adds time to everything.

- bit of a walk, not much, but nice.

- an hour in the garden, yet another bin bag filled, some roots included :):):)

- bruvver has flu :(

- it's my council-run healthy walk first thing tomorrow. And I'm *not* doing any shopping afterwards, I nearly wrecked myself last week. Straight home, and not sparing the horses either ...
    Retired August 2016
  • themadvixthemadvix Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the walk - hope the weather is better with you than it is here (lashing it down, sideways at times!).

Glad you got a coat that suits. Hope brother is feeling better soon. Had he had a flu jab?
  • DownshifterellaDownshifterella Forumite
    207 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Enjoy your walk KC going the sunshine stays out for you! Very grey here!

Hope your brother feels better soon flu...having had it once..horrid!
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya! No, I don't think he had a flu jab ... walking the dog is as much care as he takes of himself :) he's on the mend though.

I didn't do my council walk today - really throwing it down, like yours madvix, it just didn't stop. Erm, I might have been a bit lazy too :o so after I've had a cuppa, I'm going to do one of two things: either the phone calls for the accounts, or getting info for the insurance quote. Either of these fill me with horror and loathing :D but they both have to be done.

I think I'll reward myself with a *strong* cuppa tea to face them :cool:
    Retired August 2016
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, a decision has been forming all evening: I'm not doing SB like this again, no way. The apps just don't seem to want to run on my phone, and no survey will have me! And it disrupts my whole day, that's what makes it a no no, to keep on checking it and making sure it's running, and finding another section that I haven't run (sporty thing kept going to horse yoga, god knows why) ... but by the time I'd got 35/40, I was determined to get to the finish. And just now, at 38, I got 15 for a search. Thats it, I'm done. It's dominated my day, to get 40 points, and its really, really not worth it. I'll do the easy stuff - the "tasks" that earn a point, the main app which actually does work, playing Swagasaurus :) but nothing more. I might as well have been stuck working on a factory conveyor belt like when I was a student, and I'm not going to do that to myself, especially not for tuppence ha'penny.

What a relief! Shutting down now, and watching the second half of Silent Witness, which I haven't seen for ages ...

Have a good night's sleep all.
    Retired August 2016
  • themadvixthemadvix Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems sensible re SBs... I go through phases.... and I'm in an enthusiastic one at the moment (the apps run okay for me, and I think their discovery has made a big difference). You're right, it's not worth it for hardly any return. Sometimes I just do the easiest of the daily tasks - and the odd survey that meets my lazy requirements - it still adds up, just more slowly!

Glad your brother is on the mend.
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks madvix! I will try one more push today (though that might be just playing with getting the search rewards :) ) because I'm now at the point of having met the first goal for 13/14 days. One more day gets more rewards, sadly :o

Anyway, haven't been doing that nonsense this morning :D my sister came round and we've been faffing about with her Sun voucher codes and figuring when and where to go. Detail! And then a very, very long term friend phoned, and we set up a prospective Games Afternoon in mid Feb.

So, for the rest of today:
    - I'm going to condescend to faff about with SB to try to reach next bonus level :D though I seriously doubt I'll bother with the apps even for that (and anyway, I uninstalled them).
    - another go in the garden - the nights are getting noticeably lighter :j
    - follow Martin's instructions to get home and contents insurance quotes.

We'll see!
    Retired August 2016