Travelling On

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
6.1K replies 266K views

Replies

• rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a gorgeous spring day today!  Put washing out to dry, spent 1.5 hours gardening in the late afternoon & got the OH outside for a stroll before sunset.  The birds were most curious as it's been months since we've done anything other than fill the bird feeder or take out the trash!  It's so good to be able to spend a good portion of the day outside again, hopefully it won't be long before I can spend the entire day at my 'outside desk'.
    4 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Finally managing to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    35.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't it lovely outside today!  I don't have an outside desk as such :) but I have a couple of nice aluminium patio chairs, very lightweight.  The table is horrible, even that needs decluttering and then a deep clean, but at least I have one :) 

I *did* get outside, and I'm afraid I carried on with the work I was already doing, the digging up roots (all done on that side now!!!) and laying out a line of sturdy posts to act as soil retainers.  Very heavy, so they might do the job.  I had to saw one to make it fit, though, and that was tiring.  But that job, of protecting the fence by lining underneath with existing pieces of concrete or paving or pottery, plus getting up the bramble roots, plus laying an initial line of posts as the first layer of the raised beds, is 95% done.  Very, very pleased :)  But I'll be in bed soon, I'm not kidding  :D
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karmacat said:
    ...I don't have an outside desk as such :) but I have a couple of nice aluminium patio chairs, very lightweight.  The table is horrible, even that needs decluttering and then a deep clean, but at least I have one :) ...
    Ha ha - 'outside desk' makes it sound much grander than the reality KC! - Our patio set is about 10 years old and many times mended!  I try to oil the wood every year, but the OH is correct when he says it's fit for the fireplace.  That being said, nothing a couple of padded cushions can't make better & it's outside in the fresh air which makes me very very happy!
    4 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Finally managing to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
  • Suffolk_lassSuffolk_lass Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sat squinting at Dire Straits on Sky Arts trying desperately not to fall asleep after the same @debtfreeoneday! What are we like!? (I think I was at that concert...1983 and it was the rendition of Telegraph Road that got me listening properly to Bruce Springsteen)

Save £12k in 2020 - (#20) £7,085.43/£5k 141.7%
    Save £12k in 2021 - #26 aiming for £7,500 - £1,892.44 25.23% after Feb
    OS Grocery Challenge 2021 target £770.08/£3k 25.67% annual after March (+£500 contingency)
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    35.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not alone on the crashing out very early :smiley:  it has to be obeyed, because if I stay up through it, I don't get to bed till 1am, and no sleep until 2am.  Not a good look the next day :smiley:

A boring post about today's prospects, in spite of such fantastic looking weather (though the deep frost this morning also looked fantastic) ... just carrying on, really, the computer, a few emails, the half bag of bark chippings can now go down, tidying up the fence posts on the patio that are to be used for the raised beds, the fiddly stuff that I'm *so* bad at doing, the finishing off things that make something look good rather than solely functional :wink:
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021