edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
6.2K replies 268.6K views

Replies

• KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teapot2 wrote: »
    LOL :rotfl: that makes complete sense and eeew to rat urine on food. I always wipe over the lids of tins before I open them. I did have visions of you sticking all the shopping in the dishwasher though :D

Hope you enjoyed the walk and reconnected with folk there :cool:
    Noella wrote: »
    I hope you enjoyed the walk. I wish our local council did them.

I was curious about your cleaning the shopping but didn't like to ask:o. Now all has been revealed and it's perfectly logical:T

:eek::eek::eek:to the rat urine on goods in shops but I don't think anyone can catch Weil's Disease unless the urine is still wet and enters the body via a cut or something. I know someone who had it and he was literally at death's door for a while. He's now fully recovered but can bore for Britain about it:rotfl:. Maybe there are other nasties one can catch even if the urine is dry though:think:.
    :kisses3::kisses3: to you both, thank you for that! I guarantee I'll never put shopping in the dishwasher :rotfl: but I will carry on giving it a quick wash :)

Going on the walk was lovely - it's so long since I've been, early summer has exploded all over the place, it was amazing to see. Need a cuppa tea now, and I've not yet had a coffee today !!! so that comes first.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021.......... Bunny hugger
  • earthgirlearthgirl Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eww to rat wee.

I don't think you are mad. I think we all have a few odd habits that make sense to us!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    earthgirl wrote: »
    I don't think you are mad. I think we all have a few odd habits that make sense to us!
    You're saying I'm odd, though, aren't you :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm definitely an outlier on the Bell curve in this respect, thats for sure :D That means I'm odd, btw, but I'm going to carry on :D
    Retired August 2016
    Not counting this! 2020
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    15K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I avoid supermarkets :D And although I don't clean my shopping, I do wipe down tins before I use them. And rinse the milk bottles between the doorstep and the fridge.
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    you :rotfl:.... I'm definitely an outlier on the Bell curve in this respect, thats for sure :D That means I'm odd, btw, but I'm going to carry on :D

You and me both, KC:rotfl:. Not with washing shopping in my case but in several other areas of my life:o.
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you people :j:j:j
    Retired August 2016
    Not counting this! 2020
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right! A little bit of a ta-da list:
    - used a £5 Nectar voucher to buy stuff

- phoned my cc provider: error messages over the weekend were because the chip on my card is faulty. It can only be used contactless now, so they're sending me a new card.

- meter man turned up this morning, so I remembered my resolution to take weekly gas and elec meter readings, and did it before the walk, hurray.

- I'm carrying on feeding the washing machine :) bedlinen, holiday wear, navvying wear. Plus clearing away plaster dust from the kitchen, so I can stock the shelves.

- also carrying on using the dishwasher daily, lots of kitchenware was exposed to dust and being carted about heaven knows where by heaven knows who during the work.

- paid the builder the last of the money, less tiling - the tiler's on holiday this week, so that will only happen next week now.

- drafted a letter to B&Q, telling them I'm not going to merrily jog along and pay them what I tried to pay them in the first place for my sink, because they credited me for the lightshade they don't have ... I suggest they write it off, because of the two days and more of inconvenience to me. Can't send it yet, because I only have the admin letter from them, I can't find the idiot management letter :o looked for it all over.
    Retired August 2016
    Not counting this! 2020
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    11.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'd just assumed that there was a missing comma!

Just remember that you have superpowers, firefox-crasher-woman...
    NST April diamond #9; NSD 2; Ex 7

Mortgage £300 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'd just assumed that there was a missing comma!
    :D See what you started :p
    Just remember that you have superpowers, firefox-crasher-woman...
    Ooh, I like that :cool:

Not doing much with the superpowers this evening, just cleaning and stocking another cupboard, which empties out my bedroom a little more, hurray.

Night night all xxx
    Retired August 2016
    Not counting this! 2020
  • I love this diary, always thought-provoking, good-natured and often downright funny:beer:

I envy you the 'fun' bit of restocking your cupboards and at the same time emptying the temporary storage spaces such as your bedroom:T. I had a big reorganization of my larder cupboard at the weekend but the shelf with most of the masses of canned goods on (I'm not stocking up for a no-deal Brexit, honest:eek:) collapsed just when I thought everything was stashed away in a more organized manner:mad:. It had taken so long to pull everything out, check use-by dates , list what I had as I'm a bit of an accidental overstocker:o, and put things back that I was too tired and fed up to take everything out again and fix the shelf. DH is away for a few days but I've fixed shelves before as waiting for him to get round to things even when he is here isn't worth the hassle:(. It's still at a precarious slope and all the cans have dropped onto the shelf below, making a mess of what organisation was there, in a pile or, heaven forbid, fallen down the space between the flimsy, useless cupboard back and the wall.

I should tackle it today but the sun's shining and I'd love nothing better than go out for a walk or sit in the garden and read:o. The joys of being retired:j