IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help and guidance please

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes I expect so, Lamilad has posted an email for them recently, see post #99 for what to say.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Capt_Mainwaring
    Options
    Hi

I've received another General Form of Judgment or Order through the post from the County Court at Skipton on Saturday.

It is ordered that the claim shall stand struck out. BW/Excel have until this Friday (20/4) to apply for the order to be set aside, varied or stayed. I'm not sure what this means...

Is this the end of the matter? or is it a bit like watching The Terminator for the first time - just when you think Sarah Connor is safe, the machine still keeps on coming!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2018 at 9:32PM
    Options
    Yay, you won!! Another BW Legal case crushed at Skipton! We should all move there...

Wonder if they will grant your costs due to the unreasonableness of the claim & claimant.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2018 at 12:47PM
    Options

Is this the end of the matter? or is it a bit like watching The Terminator for the first time - just when you think Sarah Connor is safe, the machine still keeps on coming!

It will be the end of the matter should the claimant not make any application to alter the judgement before close of business on Friday 20th
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    C-M - BW Legal, not GS. Different bunch, same level of incompetence :)

Struck out means the claim is gone. The C would have to pay to object to this.

Worth asking the court to grant costs - if they struck it out without a hearing that means the claim was SO TERRIBLE the court coudnt be bothered with it.
  • Capt_Mainwaring
    Options
    Hi

A large envelope from BW Legal was waiting for me when I got home (a nice touch, on my son's birthday).

It is the PoC for the second claim, in which the driver's identity was never confirmed. I admit to being confused by this (it doesn't take much) but why send the PoC for this and not the other, when the driver's ID was revealed in that claim, which has now been struck out? Bizarre...

I'm glad I told the Court that I did not receive the PoC for the first claim, as there is no way the three page letter they sent was the PoC, not based on the small tree worth of paper they have now sent to me.

The General Form of Judgment or Order confirms that I have up to 14 days to file an amended defence but as the registered owner, what do you think I should do?
  • Quentin
    Options
    Registered owner?? (Are you wanting to change from driver to owner not keeper?)

Not sure what your question is?
  • Capt_Mainwaring
    Options
    Hi Quentin.

Perhaps a silly question on my part but as no driver liability admitted, I wondered as the registered keeper, if I need to read their PoC page by page and adapt my defence, when they don't know who was driving or should I leave it unchanged?
  • Quentin
    Options
    Is this new claim separate to the others discussed in this thread?

(Did you get the 2 claims dealt with together as per your #101)
  • Capt_Mainwaring
    Options
    Hi Quentin

It's not a separate claim.

I was going to contact the Court to ask them to deal with both claims together. However, as one claim has been struck out, I didn't bother.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure