Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman that!!!8217;s a nice dress and would look good for the wedding.
    I really don!!!8217;t know what to wear to weddings, it!!!8217;s been years since I!!!8217;ve been to one. I!!!8217;d probably wear something plain and dress it up with accessories like a nice head piece or jewellery. What about a play suit? You could wear it with a blazer for the formal part and then take it off for the reception.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    maman thats lovely - would you wear it for dancing as it seems to have a lovely flippy skirt? For the wedding maybe an ivory jacket & fascinator with navy or black shoes & clutch?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Maman ......What a lovely dress. Perfect for dancing a fandango......:rotfl:

For the wedding..?? Well it will all depend on the weather and how formal you want to be. Do you need headgear. Fascinator maybe or a nice jaunty straw boater with a red ribbon. Jacket will depend on if it is cold, maybe just a nice pashmina to take the chill off in church.

Feeling a tad delicate this morning.......dodgy chicken last night. :eek:

Will take it easy. May wrap up in blanket and just sit out in the sun for a while if it is warm enough. I really feel quite grim so will take it easy. A bit of fresh air might help.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the dress comments. That was my thinking too floss, that it would be very suitable for dancing afterwards. Much food for thought. I might read the ts&cs and see how expensive it might be to send for a couple of sizes. Sometimes internet shopping can be an expensive option.:(

Talking of fandango LL:D there are a few of these tiered hem dresses/skirts around this year. I'm thinking they would be very suitable for dancing so I'm on the lookout for some cheaply.

The other thing I've noticed is that very retro looking gathered, summer skirts with patch pockets are about. The trouble is that the prices aren't retro at all:eek:. Maybe I should get the sewing machine out.
    https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/en-gb/shop/uo-emilia-stripe-button-through-midi-skirt?category=skirts&color=040

I've got an appointment with the dental hygienist later. I do my best but my teeth always feel much cleaner after a visit.

It's a lovely day here so I'll be wearing my Raybans.:cool:

Hope you feel better soon LL. It's difficult to go far with a dodgy tummy.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 26 March 2018 at 3:13PM
    Options
    Thanks Maman....yes feeling a lot better now thanks. Avoiding anything that might trigger another episode and resting my tummy.

I have been pottering about, pruned the roses and made a start on some shrubs. DS2 is popping round tomorrow to help me with the big ones. Surprisingly cold wind though so I did not stay out for long.

I am also back on the decluttering.

I read something interesting the other day. It talks about The Fantasy Self and how it makes us buy things ......for example we might buy formal evening dresses, bags, stoles and wraps when we never actually go anywhere that requires formal dress.

Or we might spend on art and craft materials hoping to bring out our inner artist but never touch them. Exercise equipment that lies gathering dust.That kind of thing.

Well It hit me....... I am a fantasy baker..:rotfl: my fantasy self is some kind of Nigella Lawson or Mary Berry. Yeah right. :rotfl:

I cannot bake, even when I use wheat flours. My attempts at paleo baking have been disastrous. So today I have gathered up all the baking paraphernalia, as well as a load of kitchenalia I no longer use. The boys can have first pick. What is left will go to the charity shop. Most of the bakeware is new.

This time round I am being absolutely ruthless with my decluttering.

I have also decided to get rid of all my costume jewellery. Why wear cheap fashion jewellery and have all the good stuff sitting in the safe never seeing the light of day. Why wear fake pearls when I have the real thing......madness.

I am 66 - what am I saving it for......:rotfl:...so that my kids can flog it when I am dead??? From now on no more saving it for best. If I lose it, so what....it is insured.

I also have a drawer full of my mothers jewellery. I am going to get it cleaned, repaired and remodelled to my taste. And then I shall wear it. She loved her good jewellery and wore some of it every day. I know she would be pleased to see me wearing it.

Right lunch break over.......back to the decluttering.

Need to book a hair appt soon.
  • chanie
    Options
    Lessons I agree about the fantasy self. In my early 20s, I!!!8217;d buy loads of party dresses for clubbing and would have nothing to wear the the other 6 days of the week. Oh, those were the days!

Maman you could try calling or emailing customer services about the sizing of the dress. They may be able to give you an indication of how it comes up.
  • chanie
    Options
    Ooo forgot to mention that sainsburys have their 25% off clothing until Monday.
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Tried out a shade of red on my fingernails and toenails today (painted nails is one thing that always makes me feel good but never seem to find the time to maintain or do in the first place) and I must say it looks really good on! It's a bit of a deep red :)

Will finally get around to doing my eyebrows tomorrow, was going to tint and shape them today but will have more time tomorrow to do a face mask etc and have a nice pampering bath so will do it all in one go

I have started reading Fearne Cotton's "Happy" and it seems like a decent book so far

Hope everyone is well :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the hair advice, I have really thick hair & it's been acting up since DS was born. My scalp is dry but my hair isn't & ends up frizzing everywhere and I've got weird little curls of hair growing in at the sides that look mental & were never there before! :eek:

Also not having a fab week so far, my crazy little cat ( We have 3 - old man cat Siamese, big boy cat BSH & little female cat Devon Rex) bit my finger really badly on Sunday as I was taking toast she stole away from her. :mad: It's now manky, swollen & infected so I had to go the nurse today and now have a giant bandage & a course of antibiotics. :( On the plus side I did put some make up & perfume on before leaving the house to see the nurse, lucky her. :rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Sorry about your finger hope it heals up soon! X
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure