January's bring your lunch to work

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2018 at 8:31PM
    Can I join please. Aiming for 15 please

Day one today - cheese beetroot and salad cream sandwich, with kit kat and miller light yoghurt. Probably saved around £3 and took 5 minutes this morning

I have just cooked tikka masala for tea and have packed up a box for lunch tomorrow

Thank you
  • Massa1982
    Massa1982 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Ham salad sandwiches with a handfull of almonds, some fruit and a penguin. Didnt resort to fancy coffee as relatively not stressed. Have stock piled in draw ready for a BAD day.
    1/20
    :pDesperately Determined to Destroy the Debts one at a time.. and Seriously Save for the Spectacular future.:p
  • Took lunch with me today :)
    Debt to fiancee - £404.00 (left to pay) | Save £12,000 in 2018 - £371.90 all together|2,018 items in 2018 (8/2,018)
  • Hi Bookaholic,

Love your username :D

You've been added to the list on Page 1.

Thanks! Books are a bit of a habit for me! If only I could read the ones I’ve got before I buy new ones I’d have some kind of savings!
    Money saved for Christmas 2018 £6/£500
    No more Buying Books challenge - read 2 books 2017-18
    January NSDs - 3/15
  • Today's lunch was a pot noodle and a few bits of fruit as I managed to sleep in !! Hopefully the other 16 days I will be more organised! Day 1 done x
  • taskey
    taskey Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Day 2

well due to the weather forecast I have decided to work from home today - so will be eating my prepared tikka leftovers from last night
  • Morning,

Tuna mayonnaise baguette and mini breadsticks with philly cheese for lunch today.

I'm aiming that only on Friday's do I treat myself to lunch.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Day 2 & I have got some curried Veg soup which literally consists of some dodgy looking veg that was at the bottom of the fridge & some chilli flakes.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Oakdene wrote: »
    Day 2 & I have got some curried Veg soup which literally consists of some dodgy looking veg that was at the bottom of the fridge & some chilli flakes.

That sounds nice
  • enchilada
    enchilada Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello, can I join please?

Lunch spending is a huge one for me- I started using YNAB last year and it's been a big shock to see how much I'm spending on disappointing food for lunch.

It'll take serious planning to get into the habit but I'm going to give it a try! At the moment I'm only focusing on taking in my main food item and I'll allow myself to buy the snacks/cans I'm used to, but eventually I want to cut those down too.

I have 22 days in the office this month, and have 2 planned lunches out, which seems more than fair, so can you put me down for 20 days please?

Yesterday I had panzanella salad with ham (bread gone stale and so rescued in the salad, and ham left over from Christmas :money:). I just had half a tub of soup I had in the freezer- I had intended the other half for tomorrow but it was horrible so I'll have to think of something else tonight!
    "I don’t keep up with the Joneses, I try to drag them down to my level" - Quentin Crisp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure