Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    School were informed of dgds reactions.
    We had a good day at work and I brought lots home to do just in case seamstress can't get in tomorrow as usually when it snows she doesn't venture out. She did offer to take work home but if she does get snow bound that's no good to me to get the work back to the shop.
    My brother came up at Lunchtime so I went to lunch with him and Mum. Which was nice. Of course the day sped by. Dgd text me st 4.30 when was I going to collect her, so I decided to bring home all the trousers I could fit in my big bag and see how I got on. I started as soon as I got home ( after a cup of tea. Stopped to cook tea, but I wasn't hungry so just fed Dgd. Then I continued to sew. It was 10.25 before I realised it. But about £137 worth of work done. Mostly trousers and some bunting for an old lady's 100th Birthday that was urgent.
    Feeling happier today and the pressure is lifted as I did so much this evening.
    Let's hope that we don't get snow as Dgd has a school trip to Cotswold park tomorrow! (Why would a School plan that in winter is beyond me!)
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Feeling tired as I struggled to stay asleep. No snow but a hard frost.
    Definitely feeling the cold, realisation that I have not got the electric blanket out this winter or the winter duvet. Something to sort out tonight after work. Feeling quite Hungary as I didn't have an evening meal last night, just ate a sausage I'd cooked when making tea for dgd.
    All solvable problems. Porridge for breakfast, and defrost the car 15 minutes before I set off.
    Hopefully the trip will still go ahead, Dgd will need to wrap up warm!!

The aim today is to carry on with the catchup on the alterations. The seamstress should be in, so with any luck we will see the wood before the trees by the end of the day.
    I think that bringing Home a pile of trousers to do in the evenings while I am waiting for new staff is probably the best way to go. I am hoping that that will reduce the turn around time, and my anxiety levels when the workshop is so full all around me. It definitely adds stress to look up and see 30-40 odd jobs hanging in the todo rails.
    It also means that I can do the bigger things like coats and curtains during the day.
    We had a delivery of the Fabric freedom highland design yesterday.
    Not that I even unwrapped it!
    It will be good to make up a sample cushion, and possibly a child's outfit from the three fabrics to display. I may have to do that at home too.

Positive vibes only allowed.

Hope everyone is warm and safe.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,364 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive vibes your way.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    As fast as I am sewing the jobs are coming in. Which is good but it does mean that I am having to work at home too. 8 pairs of trousers altered tonight.
    Brought home a couple of bags full of trousers to do but stopped around 9.15 as tired and think £80 extra is better than nothing. Shop is shut tomorrow but I will be sewing more trousers here at home before and after my dentist appointment. As I saw Mum yesterday and my brother took her shopping then I am not so worried about her if I didn't go. I Skype her daily.
    Dgd did go to the school trip but didn't exactly come home excited. Think the school were mad to take kids on a trip like that today with snow flurries etc but they did.
    If I don't sleep well I will be very surprised.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 February 2018 at 8:51AM
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Let's hope that we don't get snow as Dgd has a school trip to Cotswold park tomorrow! (Why would a School plan that in winter is beyond me!)

One of our classes had a visit to our local zoo yesterday, they wrapped up warm and had a fab day, practically had the zoo to themselves and the animals that come from colder climates were loving the snow- got the best views of the Amur tigers they've ever had (in warm weather they're always hiding in the shade).

They have to go end Feb/early March because that's when it fits into the curriculum :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    One of our classes had a visit to our local zoo yesterday, they wrapped up warm and had a fab day, practically had the zoo to themselves and the animals that come from colder climates were loving the snow- got the best views of the Amur tigers they've ever had (in warm weather they're always hiding in the shade).

They have to go end Feb/early March because that's when it fits into the curriculum :)

That's what I was told by one of the Mums who works in the school.
    Today should have been swimming, but luckily it was cancelled. Dgd wouldn't be able to swim with her ear anyway. I have asked her teacher to keep her inside and I will take her back to the doctor to see if they are getting any better.

I have done a couple of jobs this morning and then walked down the town, taking back the jobs I had finished in my sewing trolley bag.
    I left them hanging in the shop but decided I still have enough here at home to do without bringing any more home.
    The dentist has had to give me two injections to drill out the broken filling and replace it with a white filling. So my mouth and actually all the way up to under my eyes is still numb two hours after the work. So I have just had a cuppa soup through a straw/and with a small spoon. Still got soup on my chin!
    I popped in to the shop next to mine to purchase some hat and gloves she had on sale as my fingerless gloves are useless in this weather and Dgd had all my other gloves through the winter.
    I also ended up buying a card for my Mum and a top that was reduced.
    Walking home I wish I'd brought my trolley back with me as the snow was falling fast, and I needed a few bits in my local coop.
    Save me driving to Aldi.
    I have an hour or so before I have to go and get Dgd and then take her to the doctor to check her ears.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Took Dgd back to the doctors and her ear drum has a hole in it. So she's Been put on Antibiotics.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,364 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor DGD.
    Hope it clears up really soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh poor DGD! it must be really sore :(
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Watching the murder of Visace on TV.
    Should really be doing something more productive but I am too tired and my jaw hurts. I didn't realise how much it would, but of course my neck pains I was expecting as having my head tilted back for so long with my neck problems it's a given. But I struggled to chew a sandwich.!
    Plenty of tea once the anaesthetic wore off,
    Hopefully I will sleep tonight.
    Dgd has taken her antibiotics and we must hope that they will take effect soon. M
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure