Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The days not been too bad so far.
    Just got home an hour and a half behind the schedule as I went to Tesco in the way Home. Food for family now in.
    The tidying still needs doing and to be honest I am shattered and I have a headache.
    First job is a cup of tea and paracetamol.
    Then I will decide if I need to stay home tonight and for now, rest, then if I feel better do dgds room and put away the sewing machines from the living room before bed, or get up early to do it before I go to Birmingham.
    Currently the later idea appeals the most to me. But I feel guilty as I am supposed to be stopping with Mum tonight.
    I think I will see if the tea etc helps me.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Spoke to Mum and we decided that I will go in the morning.
    So I have had my tea and paracetamol. Rummaged in freezer for something to eat. After I have eaten if I still have a headache I will go to bed for an hour, and see if that helps.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I pottered a very little. Several trips up stairs to put all the sewing away from downstairs. Cleared up after dinner in the kitchen. Moved wet washing on. But headache wouldn't go so I went to bed around 7pm
    I am awake about an hour now, although I woke several times in the night. Lots of stuff running around in my mind.
    So teasmade on at 6.30.
    Diary writing to off load, emails checked, money moved about, and now it's time to get myself in gear and tackle dgds room before I go to Mum.
    I estimate that I will be around 10.30 at Mums so we will miss about an hour of the Tradeshow today, however because we are staying in a hotel tonight we have all morning until around 2.30 pm tomorrow to revisit if we needed to.
    So I am not worried. Just changed my priorities a bit.
    So teas finished, we are all updated. Time to move my self. Wish me luck dgds room may have sock monsters, dust balls and mouldy cups!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,653 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy the show :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I got to Mum at 10.20am.
    I left dgds room all done, two clean beds etc.
    Everywhere hoovered etc and school uniform waiting for dgd for today.
    We got to the NEC around 11.40am
    We had a short wander decided to watch the fashion show and eat a sandwich before we went around the show.
    I have ordered some fantastic fabrics for the shop, and I hope my customers will like them. I plan to sell it on the Internet as well.
    We had a drink around 3pm and a well deserved rest, and after speaking to several suppliers etc we called it a day just before 5pm
    My brother rang to see if we were ok etc. We had our evening meal downstairs in the hotel bar and chatted till around 9pm then we watched some of the Brit awards on tv before lights out. Unfortunately neither of us slept very well. We decide that we didn't need to go back to the show and after breakfast we waited until 10 before driving back home.
    My son came to see me just as I got home, good timing. We shared lunch and chatted and he was sent home with some stir fry meals and burgers to give me some space for my delivery tomorrow. I had forgotten that my delivery was due this week or I would have changed the date.
    I am very tired. Was going to have a nap but think I will probably not want to get up again, so I will make another cup of tea and at 4pm go down to close the shop, and collect Dgd a little earlier then she is expecting me.

I have a busy schedule of work tomorrow and the rest of the week so maybe an early night tonight is best.
    At least the housework is done. It's just dinner to do tonight.
    I am excited about the new fabrics and my next plans etc but it is dampened down because I am so tired.
    Oh well it is what it is.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Morning.
    Sitting up in bed drinking my first cup of tea of the day. I stayed up as late as I could, 10pm then went to bed and sleep pretty quickly. Only up once for the loo. Not bad for me. Still feel tired, but now that the replacement shower head has arrived I will reinvigorate myself with a shower.
    Apparently BF doesn't know if he is coming over tomorrow or not? So I am not sure what is going on there. He usually comes on Wednesday.
    He is going to be here Thursday as I need his help babysitting Dgd if the class I am teaching goes ahead. I only have one person booked on it, after all the requests to run it again!
    Although she has already paid I am wondering if my time is worth giving up an evening at home for the money when only one person booked. Or whether to cancel and refund her.
    Yesterday afternoon I went into the shop to close up and put the money away etc, the seamstress was serving a customer when I arrived, she still wasn't filling out the paperwork properly and if I hadn't intervened we would not have had any information as she had put the card between the invoice of the same number, and was also writing on the middle sheet. So no copy for the customer either. Then she told me she had taken the money for the Roman Blinds and it transpires that she only charged her for the Labour of one blind. So we are £65 down.
    I could cry.
    This week I have had to replace a skirt that I wasn't happy with, as it was leather, and the special glue for the Sean's was making the leather brittle. I didn't even attempt to pass the work out I just ordered a replacement immediately. And unfortunately that was £180! I am just thankful that I don't often make a mistake and that with over 5,000 jobs I have only had to replace one other item, and that was 21/2 years ago.
    Costly mistakes!
    So today I am planning for a better day and aiming to get back in my stride and start to catch up with the work. There is a lot to do, and a reputation to rebuild with the leather skirt lady!!
    I am also going to have to try and get the £65 from the blinds.

Time to move!
    Have a good day everyone, even though the weather is not very clement.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Blimey. An expensive day then :eek:
    You really need to be more firm with the seamstress.
    Does she think that you are Andrew Carnagie.
    I would prospone the course meantime if I was you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Savvy_sewing
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Blimey. An expensive day then :eek:
    You really need to be more firm with the seamstress.
    Does she think that you are Andrew Carnagie.
    I would prospone the course meantime if I was you.

Two more people joined the course for Thursday so I am running it after all.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Two more people joined the course for Thursday so I am running it after all.

Well that's ok then.

• trix-a-belle
    Options
    Mooloo, definitely set a minimum number for the courses and don't go ahead if its not met, your time is valuable, if people want it on that much perhaps they will encourage friends to join them then so it goes ahead, my local place tends to have 6 places on most courses and only goes ahead if there are at least 4 booked on
    not good re the seamstress' errors, some time needed to reinforce the requirements and why its important
    i'd get in touch with the customer re the roman blinds first thing if possible, was it a walk in today or had you quoted the customer previously that she should have referred back to?
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure