🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you have a good time, good weather, and a very happy birthday :)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I visualised my journey before I went to bed, and again this morning before I got out of bed. I imagined everything going to time, I even imagined that our cases would be on carousel no 4, and there as we came out of passport control. It was. Even down to the 10 minutes que for the hire car.
    What I did not see was my broken suitcase. Or the journey forward trying to find the hotel. But then as I hadn't visualised that part then I suppose that wasn't too bad.
    A basics shop in the mini market as Dgd was desperate to get in the pool and a trip to Aldi tomorrow. Wine in the mini market was over !!!8364;6 and I would rather pay the bar price tonight and be served my drink then the supermarket price.
    I am going to practice this positive thinking and visualisation of my day. It might actually be fun working out my day!
    X
    Thank for all the well wishes. I really feel loved. X
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad you got there safely, but i'm sorry to hear about the suitcase!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Hi
    Just found out that my flight home has been cancelled.
    Limited access to WiFi etc.
    Does anybody have time to find out on my behalf what my options are?
    Apparently Ryanair say I can fly home a day early at no cost, but flights after are dearer? Then of course I will have to pay hotel and car hire?
    Really unsure what my rights are and insurance will be?
    And now phone battery is practically out!
    Tomorrow then!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,781 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope someone can help :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is off Ryanairs website:
    What happens if my flight is cancelled?
    If your flight is cancelled there are two options available to you to choose from. You can either apply for a refund or change your cancelled flight for free.
    How do I apply for a refund?
    If you wish to claim a full refund for the cancelled flight, click on the link below, log into your MyRyanair account and follow the steps for a refund.

Click here for a refund

How do I change my cancelled flight?
    Click here to change your flight

Options for Reroute - Passenger can be rerouted in the following order:
    1. We will first try to accommodate you on the next available Ryanair flight on the same route. If this option is not available on the same day or next day then then we will try to accommodate you on the next available Ryanair flight from/to a suitable alternative airport within the same country.

If this isnt available on the same or next day then;

2. We will accommodate you to your end destination on airlines with whom we have a reciprocal agreement. Our partner airlines include EasyJet, Jet2, Vueling, CityJet, Aer Lingus, Norwegian or Eurowings airlines.

If this option is not available on the same or the next day then;

3. We will accommodate you on any comparable transport alternative to your end destination; for example on a train, bus, airline, car hire. If you are required to exercise this option, you may be advised to rebook flights yourself and submit the receipts to us for reimbursement.

Passengers must contact us prior to arranging alternative transport.

What are my care entitlements?

If you choose the option to be re-routed as soon as possible you may be entitled to the following*:

meals and refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time;;
    two telephone calls or e-mails;;
    reasonable hotel accommodation where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary;;
    reasonable transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel or other).
    *Please note that the above care entitlements are not applicable should you choose to be re-routed at a later date at your convenience or if you choose to get a refund.
    Please click here for more information on EU Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004.

Customers who wish to submit a travel/transport/refreshments expense/compensation claim following a flight cancellation or delay over 3 hours on arrival can click here to access the EU261 claim form.

If you were notified of a flight cancellation more than 14 days in advance of your scheduled departure date, you are not entitled to EU261 compensation.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 July 2018 at 10:22PM
    Options
    Newspapers report the following:

The airline said;All affected customers have been offered re-accommodation on alternative flights during the seven days prior to 25/26 July, or the seven days after.

Passengers whose flights are cancelled while they are on holiday are entitled to hotels and meals until the airline can get them home. If no Ryanair flight is available on the intended day of travel or the next day, the airline must buy a ticket on another airline, if there is space available.

In a statement, Ryanair said they contacted affected customers by email and text message this morning notifying them of cancellations.

The airline has said that these customers have been offered alternative flights in the week leading up to the strike and the week after.

Alternatively, customers will be offered a refund of their airfares.

They added that any customers travelling to or from Spain, Belgium or Portugal on these dates who have not received an email or text message should expect their flight to operate as normal.

The Ryanair statement said that up to 100,000 passengers will be affected over the two days.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Thankyou.
    That's a lot of people.
    I am not sure if I would have come if I had had the email before I left.
    I will need to speak to the car hire people and to the hotel. I have my car at Airparks in Birmingham too!
    Not quite the relaxing start to the holiday I was envisaging.
    I think I will need to do some serious planning as I don't have staff to open up the shop next Thursday eitherand I have work and fittings booked in.
    Eek!
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo for the sake of a day it's not worth the hassle and worry. Take the early flight and give yourself a day at home to relax before the mayhem of work etc kicks in.
    Enjoy your time there without any stress X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • supermezzo
    supermezzo Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Might be wise to make the decision sooner than later, though, as everyone will be clamouring for a way to get home.
    It aint over til I've done singing....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family