PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Good set of bedding?

Options
I'm tired of having bad bedding after all of these years and I've decided to invest in some decent stuff.

So far I have ordered a wool duvet (Fogarty Wool Duvet - Amazon - Can't post the link)

I now just need a couple of sets of duvet covers, some pillows and a bedsheet.

I'm usually quite hot in bed which is why I hear the wool duvet is good. My aspergers means that a heavy duvet is good too which again I hope it is!

Any suggestions? I don't mind paying some extra if it will last and it gives me a good nights sleep.

Comments

• curiousralphy
    Options
    i would get some good quality cotton bedding as wool duvets are great but they need to be able to breathe to regulate the temperature.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Yes, definitely go for 100% cotton rather than poly cotton mix.
    We had some lovely hotel bedding from Dunelm ages ago. It wore very well.

I iron my bedding as I find cotton creases.
  • IAmHereHello
    Options
    It's really awkward not being able to post links!

amazon. co.uk/Rapport-Lomond-Percent-Brushed-Cotton/dp/B01786X2R6/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1514731812&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A4915230031

How is that?
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Definitely go for 100% Cotton/Egyptian Cotton.

I have bought the above from A$da before now and find them quite good quality. Laura Ashley bedding is lovely but very expensive.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 2 January 2018 at 2:08PM
    Options
    I'd second Asda bedlinen. I would also say that the white company sheets in the sale are amazing and very hard wearing ( if expensive). I also agree dunelm do some lovely bedlinen ( including Dorma) which are well priced and wash really well

Bexster :)
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    I've always gone for M&S or Next bedding and love it- washes well, can generally get away without ironing it, and looks pretty. I want to go for some eco friendly bedding as mine is all a bit dated but was out off by the only other 100% cotton bedding I had which creased SO MUCH.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We bought some from Dunelm yesterday and were very impressed with their wide selection (well, I was impressed, OH just sat in the cafe and wished I'd hurry up :D)
  • Lizabeth21
    Options
    Some of dunelm bedding has a FIVE YEAR guarantee - attach receipt to pack card and keep!
  • Katieowl
    Katieowl Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can pick up superb bedding in TKmaxx if you pick and choose. Currently sitting under a designers guild duvet that was reduced to about £30, have also picked up Sanderson's bedding in there. Seen Cath Kidston, and Ralph lauren, Donna Karan too. I'd not go for anything with a name you don't recognize, and you need to keep looking for a bit, but I've always found something fabulous eventually!
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    If heat is a problem I'd go for 100% cotton percale 200tc, it harder than the Egyptian cotton has that cool crisp feeling but does need ironing, I used a hotel supply company Richard Haworth.
    Made all the difference temperature wise for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure