2018 New year, new focus and new mission

Options

Comments

• Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What a beautiful weekend. We made the most of it by enjoying it at home, potterIng in the house, watching the wedding and playing cards with the children.

Spending this weekend was to the bone, but we're still under the £300 target in the overdraft. (By a few pence!) We had an unplanned bbq which bumped up spending, but wanted to make most of the sunshine. Plants bought and baskets done. Garden is starting to look great.

Budget for June is done so roll on pay day this week!
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Quick update.....yesterday was a NSD :j

Have picked up 2.5hoyes extra work today but it's an 22mile round trip and car needs fuel. Gutted as means I'm tipping over the £300 od limit. Will stick £20 in.

Have a £5 Morrison's voucher and £2,71 Asda price guarantee voucher from receipt I wombled so that should cover bread, milk apples and cereal bars.

Soooo close to pay day think thurs/fri and we've failed to stick to the limit....damn that fuel!
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Yesterday was a shopping day but with the Asda & Morrison's vouchers it was free! As I went through the till in M I received another £5 voucher so nipped back in to buy burgers and bbq chicken to use it up!

Fuel was £20.02 grrrr hate when not a round number. Hubby's car needs fuel too, so that'll be another £10 today taking us to £330 into our OD. Still chuffed managed to get it down this month by £120ish
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Had a productive morning before I go to work and complete £8.29 in surveys. All pending but hopefully will be approved. I've only started on Saturday and have £3.25 in my account. Never had much success but prolific seem to love crazy middle aged mums!

Checked our banking and we were actually £503.79 OD when I got paid last month. Had aimed for £300 but still chuffed to bits will have cleared over £150 this month! Always seem to be in and out of it !!!128556;
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    I'm loving the surveys! Never had much joy, but seem to be perfect target audience now.

Have £6.06 confirmed waiting for pay out and £7.45 pending. Really chuffed it's worth logging on couple of times a day to see what's added!
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Another quick update to keep the focus!

NSD family money
    Tea and pastry (out of my spends) £4.75 treat catch up with a good friend
    Survey money waiting to cash out £11.31 & £4.80 pending. Not bad for 6 days of answering few questions.
    Freezer surprise tea of tea pie, cauli & peas
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Yay at least some money in!

End of the month tally up - In OD by £428.04 offically as I have around £100 bills that go out today. We didn't manage to stick to the £300 target and fuel pushed us to £330, but I didn't allow for bills. I'll include those bills from now so it gives me a better picture on pay day. We've only paid £75.75 off it from last month, but even a little is better than nothing!

Our joint account is currently £50.68 in credit so at least all my wages haven't been swallowed up again! As for this month's plan will update in a bit.
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Survived the bank holiday with minimum spending. Did a full food shop which was a bit higher than hoped but had to stack up on carbs for store cupboard. Amazingly used all rice, pasta, spaghetti and noodles so had chance to clean the cupboard out properly. The shopping I bought should keep us going for 2/3 weeks. Am still using up meat and frozen veg out the freezer so next shop should be smaller.

Surveys have slowed down, but guess it's because everyone at home on the bank holiday.
    £19.21 confirmed and £6.82 pending.

We are thinking of adding £2k to our smallest Zopa loan (paying off loan 2 £4200 & £2k) which would add £8 a month to repayments and extevdvut back to 60months. Not ideal and I'm
    In two minds. We've booked builders to do works on the house and he's quoted for extra work originally. If we wait and save for him to come back it'll be around £600 more as can't use same skip abd it's duplicating some of the works.
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    I think it makes sense to do house works in one go and save the costs of £600. Gutted as it's pushing our debt up again, but financially makes sense. If I apply to extend loan by 2k it does extend loan back to 60months, but my plan is to over pay from next year.

Arrrrghhh it's driving me crazy. Ohh the positive that'd be the house finished and safe, dry and finally sorted!
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Need to keep posting to keep up the momentum!

Survey update £42.18 waiting to cash out and £4.04 pending.

Joint account balance £200 in credit and looking good to last until pay day.

We've decided we're getting the extra works done on the house. Saves us cash, saves us mess and a lot of stress! Total amount needed £3500 so we've take. A cash advance on hubby's Barclaycard with an additional £500 to get car serviced and break works completed. Min Payne ta £92 a month Abd it's interest free until dec 2019. My plan is to blitz this new debt first and clear before starting in Zopa.

From next month starting to build an EF for car works etc. Not having the overdraft will be a great weight off my mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport