and £11 profit from some free spins :beer:
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy holidays :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    and another tenner in the bank thanks to Real Madrid :j :j
  • benbenandme
    Options
    My neighbour has spotted a rat sat on his bird feeder ... he called pest control and they have traced that it has a burrow behind a tree in my garden :eek: :eek: They want £140 to get rid of it, my neighbour gave them some story about checking with his wife first, anyway once he'd gone he told me the council do it for £40 :money: So, I have filled in an online form and am waiting to hear when they will come and sort it. In the meantime the man advised me to keep my back door/ windows shut :( Typical, I get a week off school, the weathers lovely and I am indoors with all the windows shut :cool:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Feels faint.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    The three dresses I bought at the car boot sale last week for £5 have just finished on ebay for a total of £23.50 :money:
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £4 from a cheeky bet :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I've been spending some time thinking about my money making; it's going okay, it pootles along, I make regular amounts from Swagbucks / surveys and every now and then the odd thing comes along that bumps it up a bit, but overall it isn't going to set the world alight.

So, having done some research I think I've finally settled on what I'm going to do; reselling on ebay. There are a few strands to this ...

1.I'm going to set up a blog to track how it's going, what sells etc - it will be trial and error mainly. Ideally after time if I have enough followers I can make money here via ads.

2. Youtube - there are loads of videos on there of the hauls people have bought at car boot sales / charity shops and most have 3000+ views. This would mean I could then earn via ads on there too.

3. The actual selling - I will buy stuff from car boot sales in the summer months and rely on charity shops etc in the winter.

It is all still in its infancy, although I have done a few bits and bobs to get going; I've started an ebay business account to keep it separate from my personal account, I've got a new email address, again just for this and I have upgraded my paypal account.

I now need to start the blog and youtube channel - a huge learning curve ahead for me as I've never done anything like this before but it feels like an exciting new hobby :D:D

I have given myself a budget of £100 to start with (borrowed from my savings account), yesterday I ordered some grey mailing bags from ebay (£5) and also hit some charity shops where I spent about £50. This will be very much trial and error at first to see what sells and for how much. I have watched quite a few of the videos on youtube to get an idea but charity shops don't tend to have much in the way of Lego / Nike trainers :D

For now I've stuck to what I know has worked for me before, clothing items from certain brands. Whether there's room for profit in them at charity shop prices remains to be seen.

My haul from yesterday includes:
    • Joseph jacket £5
    • Hobbs shrug £4
    • Coast shrug £5
    • White Stuff jumpers x 2 £5 each
    • White Stuff skirt £6
    • Roxy dress £1
    • Next maxi dress £1
    • Phase Eight evening top £4
    • Autograph dress £3.75
    • 2 x board games sealed in boxes £5 & £3

Today I want to get my spreadsheet sorted out to track what I paid, what items sell for and fees/postage etc so I can track profits. I'm already registered as self-employed so that bits taken care of :)

I don't expect this to make me £££'s overnight, but if I can get a steady trickle coming in over time I'll be happy :D Let's see how this project goes :D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family