2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So, ds has caught his train, I have come back and blitzed the downstairs housework so it is all now clean and sparkly. Upstairs is tidy, just needs a quick clean.

The plan for tomorrow is an early morning walk, maybe combining some job spotting to get my steps in nice and early. I then need to do a food shop and some ironing and wait for ds to come home in the afternoon.

Tonights plans involve a hot bath, reading my new book and sorting the end of the month banking. I will be getting into bed after my bath, a nice chilled evening :D My new book is one about growing your own veg. I feel retirement coming on already :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are not with TBb.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I do have an account with them beanie but I didn't seem to be affected by all the problems with them :)

So I got up quite early this morning and went for a walk, and my phone died after a few minutes so couldn't job spot or listen to music :( I didn't walk far as I get bored without my music on, so I'm back home charging it and will try again a bit later. I have got nearly 4,000 steps out the way already though. I'm going to go and hit the supermarket in a bit and get that job out the way, then I can come home and relax a bit.

The bathroom needs a clean but the rest of the house is up to date now.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Banking all done and sorted for the new month, £5 claimed from Swagbucks and £10 claimed from prolific.

I've decided for this month I'm going to calim paypal rewards from Swagbucks rather than Amazon, it does cost a few more sb's but I want to see the instant cash for a bit instead of waiting to spend it in Amazon :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £3 interest in one of my accounts, all helps!
    Yesterday ds announced he wanted to take me and Mum for dinner as he's never bought anyone dinner before ... we got a McDonalds and sat at the beach together with it. One of my happiest memories in years :D I felt so so so proud of him, he really does have his moments and can be such hard work at times, but little bits like that mean the world to me :T :T
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    £3 interest in one of my accounts, all helps!
    Yesterday ds announced he wanted to take me and Mum for dinner as he's never bought anyone dinner before ... we got a McDonalds and sat at the beach together with it. One of my happiest memories in years :D I felt so so so proud of him, he really does have his moments and can be such hard work at times, but little bits like that mean the world to me :T :T

That is just awesome.
    What a lovely memory to treasure.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, it's been a funny week, work has been crazy as usual and then yesterday I woke up at 4am as I had been grinding my teeth in my sleep, (when I'm stressed), and a canine tooth has snapped in half :eek: :eek: I rang the dentist yesterday and they can't see me til the 17th :( Luckily it's not really noticeable unless you're very close, but it's gonna cost me :cool:

So, today I'm up early, (forgot to turn the alarm off last night), I've stripped my bed and that's doing it's thing in the washing machine currently. The dishwasher is loaded and on, everywhere is pretty tidy just needs a good clean. Ds is off to his Dads in about 1.5 hours, then today will be spent cleaning, gardening and generally pottering this morning followed by an afternoon of footie. Tomorrow I need to drive Mum to her friends (3 hour round trip) then ds will be back mid-afternoon, then ds and I are going to see a tribute band in the evening. Monday ds is working so will probably be more gardening etc for me :)
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning

I had a tooth snap a few years ago. The dentist filled it and kept it going until last month when I finally had it taken out cause it was getting infected and painful. I have an NHS dentist so only £35. It was quite an experience though!

Your day sounds like mine. My dd is at work today and I have the land lord over at 10am so I'm pottering, given I didn't get a lie in.

The sun is out and that's a good start to a day :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So ds is off on his train, I've cleaned and hoovered upstairs and cleaned the bathroom. The third load of washing is in, the windows are all wide open, I've met my swagbucks goal for today and all is good :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    All the bedding is dry already :T I'll iron it later while the footie is on then remake the beds. 5th load of washing is now on (towels) :eek: The weather is so nice it's drying within an hour or so which is fab.

I've cleaned the front door, outside windowsills and the garage door, all long overdue. I then did a fry up for lunch which was lush and am now settling down for an afternoon of footie with some surveys going on at the same time :)

Later on when it cools down I am going to take the dog for a walk and do some job spotting as I haven't done too much of that recently.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family