PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Matron_Midge
    Options
    I'm in again. My budget is£5,200per annum (or £100 per week)
    I bulk buy and use my freezer and store cupboard a lot so like to keep an annual budget as some weeks look like I've spent the earth i.e. When we get 1/2 pig or 1/4 beef.
    Thank you for running this thread, it does keep my mind on the job when I'm planning and shopping.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Budgets list updated to here :) Please try to post your budgets in red and large font please so I can spot them :)
    Good luck all!
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Yesterday marked our first shop for January. Quick trip to A*di, A*da and Hom3 Bargains. Spent £77.38. Big shop, but have some much needed house cleaner and bits for lunches on the week. Spent more in HB than we did in either A*di or A*da.

Now at £77.38/£275
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Highland_Fling
    Options
    hello everyone, popped into M&S this morning and was amazed by the amount of yellow stickers. Just could not resist. Came home with two full bags of yellow stickered bargains. Have filled up the freezer I was trying to empty.
    So first spend on January budget £34.60.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok I’m in, totally out of touch with what I spend, I have a really bad hoarding addiction and used to know until the last 1p but lost my Os ways. That includes take away and eating out apart from special occasions. All meals for 2 adults and 2 greedy teens. Also on slimming world

May have an elderly relative to do meals a few days a week for

£5200 annually

This month I would like to do no more than £300

Good luck everyone
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Ginmonster
    Options
    Can you put me down for £100 please? I let it all go in December and now need to rein it back in. The freezer and cupboards are full so I have no excuses for not sticking to my budget for this month.

Good luck everyone - here's to a frugal 2018!
  • JingsMyBucket
    JingsMyBucket Posts: 791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 December 2017 at 7:33PM
    Options
    Thank you for the new thread Zippychick and Coxy. It's much appreciated. Could you please put me down for €250 for January 1 – 31. I figure about €40 x 4.5 weeks and then about a €70 buffer for stocking up or over buys.

Edited to add: we're just 2 adults living in mainland Europe. The OH is vegetarian and I eat everything but try to eat lower carb.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can I be put down for £80. I could probably do less, but I'm looking to go Organic, with the 'dirty dozen' to start with and will extend it after that, so I will try that amount. I'm still on December and am going to have a few spends today, but not really more than £5-£10. Thanks to everyone who puts the time in to organize this challenge.
  • Hi there. Long time lurker determined to be accountable in 2018. Would like to spend £5200 annually please. 2 adults. 3 kids. 1dog. Thank you.
  • simplelivingislandlife
    simplelivingislandlife Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2017 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Hello,

Can I pop along and do this to, I'm wanting to get our shopping down to half what it is now at the moment. With this in mind please put me down for £280 and I will see what I can do as I'd love to get this down to £140!

Already spent £42.88 on today's shop!! Not to bad only £7.88 over my wanted budget :)
    Frugal Living Challenge, Household £0/5,000 Personal £0/3,000 Starting on the 25th Jan.
    January 2018 Grocery Challenge - £42.88/280 20p Savers - £5.20p Virtual Sealed Pot No. 14 - £19.04/£260 Mortgage Overpayments - £0/£1,200 Sealed Pot No 37 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure