Up for a laugh? A 23 year old's guide on how (not) to be mortgage free

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Blibble
    Blibble Posts: 503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Very glad to be back on my sofa this morning, even if I am an emergency fund ligther :eek: Coming back from OH's Dad's yesterday afternoon and we caught a puncture on one of the country roads ... not an issue *except* we didn't have the locking nut to take the alloys off! My own bleedin' fault, so can't complain. Several breakdown cover mess-ups later and a very hairy drive in the tow-vehicle down every back-road in Yorkshire, and we got back home 7 hours later & £300 lighter :T.

No room for complaint though, as a) it was all of my (our? makes it sound better!) fault, and b) the recovery driver suggested the tyres were quite bald anyway which didn't help in getting the puncture, so glad we managed to pull over safely before anything else happened.

Currently liaising with work to get the day off to get the tyre changed - I also enjoyed the stress-induced late-night takeaway curry we had far too much and probably wouldn't be fit to come into work anyway :rotfl:
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    Ahh that sucks, but that's what the emergency fund is for right!

Hoping the week improves for you.
    Emergency fund = £734.27 / £1000 :starmod:
  • Blibble
    Options
    Long time no post! Haven't been back to this for a few weeks as we've been trying to struggle on until pay-day, so there's been a distinct lack of OP'ing. Spending £700 at the start of the month to cover a car service & unforeseen tyre issues is a bit of a killer on that front.

Positive news is a £180 OP has been made this weekend, which is my pay-rise which has come in this month. Emergency fund has had an extra boost as well, as car insurance / tax etc. is due next month, so we're plodding on nicely.

We're off to the beach in a bit, with some leftover BBQ nibbles from last night, so a nice cheap day to be had at ours :D
  • Blibble
    Options
    £9.62 TT made this morning, bringing total for the month to £189.62. £44.59 requested from Quidco this morning as well as well as £35.12 from Prolific, which will bump figures up nicely.

Challenge on 2018 MF Wannabes is £250p/m which I've been a little under recently, but due to some larger OPs at the start of the year I'm just ahead overall. I'll need to hit £250p/m threshold going forward, though, to hit my end of year target. Going to be squeaky bum time I think :rotfl:
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,899 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the OPs this month, considering the expensive car issues!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure