How to complain about receiving SPAM from MSE?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
2 replies 901 views
RobinJayRobinJay Forumite
7 Posts
Third Anniversary
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Dear MSE.
I want to complain about your sister site Money And Mental Health .org.

I know this is probably the wrong place to do it, but Money AND Mental Health are ignoring my complaints.

I know it is the Christmas Holiday, they are probably all snuggled up with their loved ones and haven't even seen my formal complaint yet.

But I take the view, if they can send out emails over the Christmas Holidays they are fair game for having to deal with replies. If they are not going to be there to receive replies, DONT SEND THEM OUT. That is me shouting in frustration.

So can you ask Martin Lewis, to get over to see

"Merlyn Holkar" <[email protected]>

and give them a friendly kick in the shins for me please?

Just so you know, new web sites sometimes don't work as they are intended. Money and Mental Health is an example.

There is an option to submit a questionnaire as a carer for people with mental health and debt problems. But it doesn't work, error 103.

Also all the tick boxes are pale grey on white, so very hard to see.

Also when you try to unsubscribe you have to give a reason, but you cannot unsubscribe because the tick boxes are only ticked when you hover over them, not when you click them.

It is a pretty dumb web site to be sure.

To add insult to injury Merlyn keeps emailing me over Christmas, things like "Do you know of anyone else who would like to help us?" No, go away.

But before you go, respond to my email asking you to confirm that you have deleted all my personal data.

I could just unsubscribe from your emails using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your emails. But of course you already guessed it, that doesn't work either.

I would not want to be associated with this daft organisation. I'm surprised you do Martin. You are always advising us to be careful and to look out for people doing bad things, like not unsubscribing you when you ask, and ignoring your emails, and puting up dodgy web sites capture all your personal data but then don't really do what they say.

As a carer for two family members with mental health problems I have enough on my plate. I am just so glad I checked this web site out myself before telling them about it. Gosh there would have been a horrible Christmas if they had seen how rubbish it is and been mistreated and ingnored by you, things would really have kicked off.

So if you can't be part of the solution, at least please don't make a web site that offers so much but seems determined to be part of the problem.

Thank you.

Replies

• Former_MSE_AndreaFormer_MSE_Andrea Former MSE
    9.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi RobinJay

I've sent your feedback over to them and asked them to respond when they have a moment.

Thanks for posting.

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: [email protected]
  • Money_and_Mental_HealthMoney_and_Mental_Health Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1 Post
    Hello RobinJay,

We’re sorry that you’ve had some problems with our Research Community and have decided to unsubscribe. We are working with our IT partners to resolve the technical issues you have described, and would like to apologise for the frustration caused.

We’re sorry for the slow response to your complaint too - the Money and Mental Health office has been closed over the break.

We’re working through the emails we received over the Christmas period today, and you should have now have received a reply. If you haven’t heard from us yet, and would like to confirm that your unsubscribe request has been processed and your personal data has been deleted, please do get back in touch, either by emailing Merlyn or calling our office on 0207 8481448.

Many thanks,

Merlyn
    Official Organisation Representative
    I’m the official organisation rep for the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute. MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the Verified Organisations list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to [email protected]. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals