* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• VintageHistorian
    Options
    Popped in to TK Maxx on Wednesday and found a lovely hardcover book from Liberty with a series of sewing projects. Only £7 and great quality so I've bought it for my Mum for Christmas. She does a lot of patchwork sewing but gets a bit bored on occasion so this will be something for her to browse through when she wants a new project.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Its just DS and I at home as DD1 & 2 have gone to a world yoga festival for four days. I am catching up on boring washing as this last week I have suffered 4 flipping migraines, so that has been so many days stuck in bed, nothing got done. I bought a fab fan for my bedroom from HB it was only £14.99 and has 3 different speeds which are really powerful, it has helped a lot this last week. I have completely fudged my diet as I have been feeling so bad, which has annoyed me. Oh well new day new start on Monday!

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY oh no what a shame it all fell through, my first thought was, was it because you weren't a local?? Especially being in the same block as your family, I expect they are keeping their eyes peeled for something else for you. Well done for getting to your 13th cake :D Will take a look at LaRedoute for Thumper, thankyou

VULPIX ooh get you, your very own helicopter ride, haha. I bet the moors looked awful didn't they? We are surrounded by woodland and fields and there has been so many fires in the last few weeks, I'm sure someone or some people are starting them deliberately! Well done on your fab weight loss, although I have had a bad week, previously I did see a tiny difference in my face and my belly, and I felt so much better. I cant believe that couple were still in bed, they obviously want to stay there and are trying to put people off, I hope your DD finds the right one soon. I love the Christmas presents for your DD they sound fab!

GIRLINAYELLOWDRESS thanks for the link for the baby boa, I have put it on my wish list as the older I get the more I lose the strength in my wrists and hands. How is the new kitchen coming along?

CLUMSY I'm glad you have some constructive advice from your gp at last, baby steps are the way to go

TREASUREQUEEN you are very welcome, that is handy that you already have blue kyanite, put it in your pocket when you go out

MRSINVISIBLE you all must be very upset with DS2 diagnosis, it must have been quite a shock. I hope you had a fab time at the wedding!

PRINCESSKITTY DD2 and her partner had Thumpers appt last week, and she totally agreed with everything, so now it has to go in front of a panel in sept/oct. Bless him he did some of his quirky things while he was there, so was bang on cue, it was very helpful haha. DD2 feels so much better now as she thought she was going to have to fight for him.

04624181 I don't know anyone who doesn't think time is flying by, it seems to be more of a topic of conversation than the weather lol :D I'm glad you got back to work for the last week.

CHRISSY I had to look up William Beck, but I recognised him as soon as I saw him, aww DD will love that

LMG your garden looks gorgeous from your pics on IG, I am very envious! I enjoy seeing your IG pics too, it reminds me of when we took the kids to Orlando and happy memories. Good luck with the blog, I hope you get a lot of people reading! BTW I'm rubbish at posting too, but what the heck I do with my time these days I don't know!!

PEPPAPIG well done on your Christmas prep, your making me feel a bit festive now. I haven't seen any advertising for qvc Christmas in july either. I know it is a YC tsv on the 24th, so hopefully. Like you the last few years have been a bit rubbish but it starts us all off doesn't it??

CARLISLELASS well done on your Christmas prep :D

VINTAGEHISTORIAN oh that book sounds like a lovely gift!

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • lazysheep
    lazysheep Posts: 353 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Looks like there is Christmas in July on QVC on 25th - they have a TV guide on their website - https://www.qvcuk.com/TVGuide.content.html?viewType=gallery&pageSize=24&redirh=t. It'll probably be 30 degrees outside on the day looking at the weather forecast for this week lol :rotfl:
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    lazysheep wrote: »
    Looks like there is Christmas in July on QVC on 25th - they have a TV guide on their website - https://www.qvcuk.com/TVGuide.content.html?viewType=gallery&pageSize=24&redirh=t. It'll probably be 30 degrees outside on the day looking at the weather forecast for this week lol :rotfl:

Aww thankyou for that, just had a look, I know what I am doing on the 25th :D
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,313 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hiya,Everyone is cracking on with Christmas prep now,ace.

GTQ,Thanks for the tip,I have just spent an hour looking at La Redute,will need to go back to it,as it needs more time!

Free,that's what it's all about with weight loss for me too,just to feel better in myself.
    I used to have migraine and it is a grim ,miserable time. I actually found that I craved sugar and felt somewhat better for it during an attack. I am sure the heat doesn't help.
    The people at the house viewing were in separate beds,think it was a student house share.
    I was shocked at how big the moor fires had been.
    What a relief for you all with Thumper.It sounds very positive that he has been seen by someone who is on the ball.

No more viewing grim houses with false teeth for decoration,DD1 has had an offer accepted on a 2 bed house.It has been well loved and looked after by an old lady who has gone in a home.The house is in very good repair and DD1 can update at her leisure as it is perfectly nice already if old fashioned.

I have been to the garden pot place today Chrissy G.Bargains to be had if you are in the market for garden pots.The nice chap on the till told me they will have a Sale September and October. I got some huge pots for some trees I have.

It rained a bit here yesterday.3rd time since May. I don't water the actual garden as plants need to put down roots in the soil and find their own moisture.If you water them they are lazy and have shallow roots and die easily.I do have a few pots though and am using washing up water on them,It is a drag though.

We have booked a few days on the East coast for the August Bank Holiday.I love Scarborough,Bridlington,Whitby.

Had an idea for DS for Crimbo.He loves cats. DD1's boyfriend is a professional photographer he showed me some pictures he had taken of cats in an "arty" way.I have asked to buy a couple of prints which I will frame.

Vx
     :
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options

GIRLINAYELLOWDRESS thanks for the link for the baby boa, I have put it on my wish list as the older I get the more I lose the strength in my wrists and hands. How is the new kitchen?

Kitchen is getting there, hopefully finished Tuesday. Then maybe I will get a quote on the shower room. After that it is really just decorating the other rooms which I can hopefully do myself, a winter project. Must admit it will be lovely getting the place back to myself.
    Started thinking about Christmas now which is late for me. I have absolutely no idea what to get DS, he is telling me that he has everything he needs and do not worry, but I do. :o
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Vulpix' DD2, house sounds just right, hope it is plain sailing from now for her.
    GYD. great that the kitchen is almost done. l hate it when mine needs anything done that puts it out of action even for a day or two.
    Free, 4 migraines in a week, how rotten. no wonder you fudged your diet, hope you get no more of them. mine stopped with the menopause, only good thing about it.
    Yes, l am very upset about DS2s diagnosis, and the bad news doesn't stop there, l went to get my ears syringed at the GP surgery, before trip to china to see grandnibs. Lovely practice nurse looked in and said 'they don't need it' and proceeded to take my blood pressure......4 times. Up through the roof, and a pulse of 46. Proceed to ECG, show result to GP, result advised not to fly. l am daft, but not stupid, so no trip this year. (inserts crying emoji and stamping foot emoji).
    l cant get conservatory roof man on the phone, and nev is on holiday, so l don't know when it is getting done, but l know the stuff has been ordered, patience... patience.
    Christmas wise, l have updated my card list and looked out the little gifts l put in them, and have sorted the non family nibs pyjama gifts. l need a small 'child gift' to go with them, colouring books etc.
    DS2s birthday tomorrow, so we may go out for a meal later in the week . No skype even, today as they are in Canada visiting their other grandma boo hoo.
    Time to get up and do stuff, enjoy the day, hope it is good weatherwise.x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Vulpix - I may have to have a wander to the pot place when the sale is on .

I have woke up this morning with a cold and a very sore throat Im not sure my voice will last my shift .

Dds PIP f2f appointment came its a week on Thursday and its local so thats a relief but dd is getting stressed and had a fit an hour after I told her about it .
  • Charleyalmostking
    Options
    Hey guys.

I am working towards saving or spending only £300 on christmas this year as I have my wedding to save for and i'd love to start saving for a house too.

But anyway.

I have £100 in the bank for christmas so far,
    I spent £5 on a christmas present already for my auntie & uncle.
    It's a ceramic gnome herb planter. They have a thing for gnomes and like plants.

I'm on the hunt for present ideas for others too.
    I want to get it done sooner so I can relax before christmas and start saving money.

I was going to buy the couples in the family a joint gift & a very small token gift.
    and for the kids, £10-15 on presents or in cash.

Ideas on joint gift ideas?
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • dropsofjupiter
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for the welcome and congratulations to lazy sheep on your lamb.

Just quickly popping in to say I went to our local poundworld last week and as part of their closing down sale they’ve brought out their old seasonal stock at 70% off. I managed to resist Halloween and Easter but did have to get some cinnamon candles, Father Christmas window stickers and gingerbread man gift bags :T

I’ll catch up fully later on as it’s almost time to wake little man to go to grandmas for Sunday dinner.
    Hobnobs are like marines
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport