PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Buying reduced items/discount items in 2018

Options

Comments

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Two offers;

Tesco,
    I bought 3 Kit Kats for £1.20 instead of 60p each. Saving 60p.

Muller Rice pack of 4 from Co-op £1 instead of £2.15. Saving £1.15

Total Savings £1.75

Extra Bonus on the Muller Rice pack, there is a competition to win a mini basketball set - I won.

On the Kit Kats there is a promotion to win a Joe mug - I won 1 mug out of my 3 goes.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    popped into morrisons and snaffled lots of breads and milk, save £12 odd!!! best buys for me were 2 pints skimmed milk 12p!! freezes well, so stocked up! happy hunting!!
  • t14cy_t
    Options
    just come back from Tesco and I'm miffed!! they are changing when, how often and also by how much they are reducing goods, top secret info atm!!
  • I_Love_comps
    Options
    Bought from co-op on Tuesday Lemon Curd Sponge Puddings

Now 50p Was £1.99 Saving £1.49

My husband bought lots of cakes the same night he spent a £1 on 5 different products instead of £4 . Saving £3

Bought a hat from Tesco sale Was £8 Now £5 Saving £3

Total that would have been spent £13.99
    Total Spent £6.50
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Challenges

• t14cy_t
    Options
    haha!! I sussed out tescos latest changes on reduced items and snaffled a trolley load of bargains!! £86.54 worth for £21!!! yippee!! best bargain was salted caramel finest cake, was £11 paid £2.75!! taking some to family today and have twin grandsons for a few days so will be polished off in record time no doubt!! x
  • t14cy_t
    Options
    just bought lots of cheeses from the deli at morrisons for 10p a pop!!! brilliant. £1.50 spent, £15.89 saved, kerching!! xx
  • I_Love_comps
    Options
    Tesco Sale ;

Bought a lovely Red Dress for £10 Was £16 Saving £6

My Challenges

• Jaymie_kate
    Options
    Seems to be a good idea to keep track of those yellow tabs. I always prefer discounted items whenever possible and practical but never really thought of this. Will certainly do this.
  • t14cy_t
    Options
    popped into morrisons yesterday, snaffled 3 bags fresh tarragon, 5p a bag. 5 bags unwashed potatoes 12p a bag, lettuce 6p, bag corgettes 12p, so lots of prepping will be done today to make the most of my haul, and as the snows too thick to go out. batten down the hatches folks!! xx
  • t14cy_t
    Options
    3 tubs of greek yogurt 7p a tub, the chickens and ducks will help demolish these! a little treat after the shock of this weather!! xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure